Turtle wax colour magic

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
never been a fan of this but it seems to work really well on my almost black (midnight blue) corrado. the stone chips change from a glaringly obvious primer grey to dark grey/black.

even the little lipstick job works quite well.

As my bonnet/bumper/wings are covered in stone chips it really transforms the car!

plus you buy one get any other turtle wax product free in halfords. not bad :grinning:

-pablo

brendy

RMS Regular
yup ive been using it for ages, i posish everywhere as normal then use it on the bonnet and bumper most to get rid of the white spots that gathered in the chips.

Dermot

Tis Funny though when ya see a car done the wrong colour... Like Purple done in Blue or something ...lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
thing is my car is so dark that the dark blue looked really light so black it was :grinning:

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
pablo said:
even the little lipstick job works quite well.

:lol: your the first person i've heard/seen say that.....maybe it works a bit on microscopic chips in conjunction with the polish :?

The polish itself is very good though, i've been using it for ages.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
nah it works ok on bigger ones too. alright its nowhere near paint quality but compared to bright grey primer its a million times better!!!!!

tried it on a silver and a green car before tho and it was *****.

brendy

RMS Regular
pabs, i tried it on the huge scrapes down my car and it did fook ll good, even to the slight ones, it made polishing harder as it left waxy smears, but as i agreed the colour magic makes stonechips disappear temporarily.

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
LOL, i had a couple of tiny scrapes (made by some peroxide headed trolley mudderfudder)......went to work with the chipstick thingy not expecting anything magical but after trying different technics ie across the scratch lightly....then heavily....then another direction etc i got absolutely no effect :worried: apart from what Brendy said, some waxy smears which i had to scrub off before i began polishing. My car being black i thought it would have been quite simple to disguise these wee scratches......the irony of it is, the polish did a better job on the scratches than the chipstick!

james123

RMS Regular
Arent u supposed to apply the chipstick to the scratch and then as soon as u do that u apply the polish so that the two are working together,ive did it this way before on my last car which was a bright red fiesta and it worked well.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
pablo, what you need is a few T-cuts and a real good coat of pure carnuaba wax and she'l be real deep shine material ;)

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
james123 said:
Arent u supposed to apply the chipstick to the scratch and then as soon as u do that u apply the polish so that the two are working together,ive did it this way before on my last car which was a bright red fiesta and it worked well.

its hard to polish over a waxy surface....though as we know the idea behind the chipstick is to fill the scratch with the waxy cr@p, clean around the scratch, then polish!

Bap

RMS Regular
see if your car is black or dark blue, use black boot polish on the scores, stone chips , rub it well in , let it dry and then polich it off as you would your shoes. it works a dream, and the scores and chips vanish!!!

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
the old boot polish.....i vaguely recall someone mentioning that to me before because me car is black yeah :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.