Two McLarens and a huge dealership fail

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Draw yourself a cuppa and park up for 45 mins whilst you get Daily Mail levels of angry as you hear the story of a father and son who tried to buy a 570S and 720S and the absolute cluster of a situation they had to deal with. Dealer incompetence, manufacturer ineptitude and very poor vehicle quality. Sure its only £400k of cars.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Maybe it's a Manchester thing. I know some of the people I've had to deal with in Manchester with work, especially at managerial level.....seen me refuse to do work for them anymore due to their utter incompetence. I'd never tarnish my reputation having anything to do with them.

That's all certainly put me off buying a McLaren lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
he was harsh on McLaren imo, it was 100% the dealer at fault in every problem. he even said himself that Woking were really good and helpful

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Maybe it's a Manchester thing. I know some of the people I've had to deal with in Manchester with work, especially at managerial level.....seen me refuse to do work for them anymore due to their utter incompetence. I'd never tarnish my reputation having anything to do with them.

That's all certainly put me off buying a McLaren lol

I feel the same. Manchester McLaren were obviously firing out stock to the newly monied, their keen prices & storage facilities prove a high turnover to likely footballers & gangsters who don’t know what they’re looking at (or care).

But to be honest I was waiting for the YouTube blogger’s mum to open his bedroom door to let him know dinner’s ready.
His pendantic demeanour coupled with McLaren’s crap customer service was never going to leave the father & son team content.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I feel the same. Manchester McLaren were obviously firing out stock to the newly monied, their keen prices & storage facilities prove a high turnover to likely footballers & gangsters who don’t know what they’re looking at (or care).

But to be honest I was waiting for the YouTube blogger’s mum to open his bedroom door to let him know dinner’s ready.
His pendantic demeanour coupled with McLaren’s crap customer service was never going to leave the father & son team content.
He normally does half decent road tests on stuff rather than this rant but I can understand why in this case.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
What’s the TL;DR?

Fella and his Da bought two McLaren’s

One was damaged and rejected, the one they replaced it with was also damaged.He gets a loaner from McLaren and the engine cover lock fails so they have to tape it down.

The other is plagued with faults

They are made to sign some mickey mouse document plagued with typos saying how the car will have odd panel gaps and faults and this is normal and the door trims will break if opened too quickly and how panels are loose by design.

The dealer has zero handover and store the car 9 miles from the dealer then drive it to the car park and just gave them the key.

They raised these concerns and were told they arn’t proper McLaren customers

Last edited:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I thought the same myself, over an hour's worth of video, that could have been summed up in about 10 minutes. I couldn't listen to him at all!