Type-R Too Far: Sold as Seen Podcast Ep 23

•   
The latest Sold as Seen Podcast is now live. In this show, Andy discusses deliberations over the new FL5 Honda Civic Type-R. Nostalgia of teenage VTEC ownership versus forking out a whopping 47 grand, and the pressure of a 24hr ultimatum from Honda.

Gary picks over the Silverstone auctions results from the recent NEC Classic Car Show with both eye watering and surprising results

Ross brings us up to speed on the new BMW CSL Batmobile, and pins hopes on a drag racing win against Andy next year, with a new final drive in his M3.

Listener and RMS member questions answered. Poorly of course.

Read the Full Article Here

Listen on Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Acast or just ask Siri or Alexa to <strong>Play Sold as Seen Podcast</strong>

The FL5 Honda Civic Type-R

Gary’s Top NEC Silverstone Auction Pikcs

1996 Corrado, 49k miles, silver – £25k

1989 Golf GTi mk2, 27k miles, concours – £27k

2003 Ford Focus RS Mk1, 21 miles, time-warp condition – £75k

2004 Renault Clio V6 Phase 2, 13k miles, acid yellow (1 of 21) – £92k

2010 Ford Focus RS Mk2, RS500, 948 miles – £99k

1992 Honda NSX, red, 11k miles, 1 owner – £112k

2000 Mitsubishi Evo 6 Tommi Makinen, car #17 of 50 UK, red, 30k miles – £110k

2000 Subaru Impreza P1, blue, 39k miles – £37k

Travis Pastrami in Florida

Crazy BMW Performance Parts M2

BMW M2 M Performance Parts Essen Motor Show 2022

www.topgear.com/car-news/modified/bmw-m2-m-performance-parts-has-gone-full-fast-furious&nbsp;

Lewis Hamilton in Japan driving an R34 GTR Nissan Skyline

£750k BMW Batmobile

Gas Monkey Garage Richard Rawlings in Northern Ireland looking buying Ferrari Testarossas

www.instagram.com/p/CluTOk7sFWC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Some great life advice from @Big Pimp towards the end answering the YouTube influencer question. Life your life. Go for drives. Play the guitar etc.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Made me laugh that one. Plug yer ears.

We're all different and have very different tastes. Better for it and I think its part of what makes RMS so successful.

As for the big cat, I wanted a 5.0 XF-R (competes with M5, RS6, E63), but they didn't make the newer XF with the 5.0L.

So looked at XJ (think Merc S Class size) and last edition of the XJ-R, the 575. Only 100 made allegedly, and its the same car, engine and tune that's used by Jaguar as a Ring-Taxi at Nurburgring, by Dale Lomas.

It certainly took a few people by surprise at the North Coast run back in May, not only at outright speed, but cornering - that coming from a Porsche owner.

As for picking you up from the pub, yeah - why not lol.
Again, good that we all like different things.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
One other point regarding reliability. The Jags I've had so far have been very good with reliability. Aside from brakes, tyres and service costs the only sting I've had was an intercooler inlet blowing on my first. Just my own personal experiences, and I hope I haven't jinxed myself

Land Rover products however are dire for reliability. Even the staff in Boucher Road have told me they are embarrassed at the amount of failures Land Rover products are coming in with.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
@Rigger yes we love the XJ, and yes I have a terrible habit of pointing out Co host mistakes (xf/xj) with impunity, yet make many myself!

Elephant in the room as I mentioned though- is the writing on the wall for Jag?

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
@Rigger yes we love the XJ, and yes I have a terrible habit of pointing out Co host mistakes (xf/xj) with impunity, yet make many myself!

Elephant in the room as I mentioned though- is the writing on the wall for Jag?
To be honest, regarding Jag's future - I think it is. F-pace, I-pace, XF and XE to a lesser degree have all been selling well.

Well, they were until the chip shortage due to covid, then Ukraine war started affecting supplies.

Audi, BMW and Merc are big enough to absorb that. Jag are still too small and it's affecting sales, with "sorry can't have this and that" and its turning customers away.

Thats partly why they're trying to go a more exclusive route, but I think it'll ultimately fail.

Now - when do you need that lift from the pub? ;)

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I bought my own XF from J&F and had a look at those Tertarossas. Albert in the showroom did say they bought them as movie cars. The one at the front was complete, but the one behind was a shell on a frame, might have had an interior but certainly little in the way of running gear. I'll see if I can dig the pictures out I took at some stage.