Tyre company over tightened wheel nuts, can't get the wheel off.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Simon998

RMS Regular
OP
Simon998
Drives
Cayman S
Yeah, 3 bolts and a locking one on each. I can get the back ones off without any hassle but all 8 on the front are stuck solid.

johnm

RMS Regular
Would you be able to get some heat onto them at all? Just a blow torch and a metal shield to protect from burn marks.
Probably the most idiotic redneck idea I've came up with is to have the pull bar pointing straight up, jack underneath it and loop a tow rope to it and hook that up to a tow bar of something and give it clean jerk, lol. I did say it was idiotic. Plus a bigger idiot will need to hold it with something.

Simon998

RMS Regular
OP
Simon998
Drives
Cayman S
I've a heatgun with a load of attachments here, a little blow torch and I'm going to be a little more aggressive with the breaker. I've also that other rattle gun to try. If I feel like I'm getting nowhere I'll pay someone to sort it.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Have a couple of extra shredded wheat for breakfast and have a go at lifting rather than standing on the bar.

And in the words of Peter Griffin: " The key is to put it all in your groin and back, take your legs totally out of the equation. Lift with your lower back in a twisting jerking motion."

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Haven't been back down to the car, Sabs is away for the week and doesn't need the car until Monday and I've had a lot on.

Tyre place said as it's been 4 weeks since she bought the tyres they can't be sure they were the last ones to tighten them up, he said they don't use a rattle gun to refit wheels and as I wasn't there when they were getting fitted, I couldn't argue. I've a feeling they may have been a little more lenient if I got the mrs to phone. I don't want to 'name and shame' as I can see where they're coming from tbh.

That's a bullsh1t response from the tyre place. YOU know no one else has been at them and if someone else had been, you'd be contacting THEM to sort it. Sounds like they just don't want to take responsibility.

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Will the car be round yours at the weekend @Simon998 ?

We can have a collective look if so when we are looking at the Frenchies

We will live stream the action if it kicks off :p

J

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Haven't been back down to the car, Sabs is away for the week and doesn't need the car until Monday and I've had a lot on.

Tyre place said as it's been 4 weeks since she bought the tyres they can't be sure they were the last ones to tighten them up, he said they don't use a rattle gun to refit wheels and as I wasn't there when they were getting fitted, I couldn't argue. I've a feeling they may have been a little more lenient if I got the mrs to phone. I don't want to 'name and shame' as I can see where they're coming from tbh.

Show them this thread as proof.... ( and name them )

Simon998

RMS Regular
OP
Simon998
Drives
Cayman S
Will the car be round yours at the weekend @Simon998 ?

We can have a collective look if so when we are looking at the Frenchies

We will live stream the action if it kicks off :p

J

Nah buddy, it's up ate her grandparents house in Whiteabbey. If it was local to Lisburn it wouldn't be such an issue as the tyre place is a good bit closer.

I'm not gona name em Stevie, i'll just not be back. Been going there since I started driving too, bit of a shame.

Simon998

RMS Regular
OP
Simon998
Drives
Cayman S
Got the car lifted today. We used her breakdown policy and got it brought to a garage. The guy in the garage had a right bit of bother getting them off too but got there in the end.

My only worry is now how to get the o/s one off lol.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Got the car lifted today. We used her breakdown policy and got it brought to a garage. The guy in the garage had a right bit of bother getting them off too but got there in the end.

Looks like breakdown company is going to be making another visit lol

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

Could you not have got both wheels loosened when it was in the garage?

Simon998

RMS Regular
OP
Simon998
Drives
Cayman S
It's easily replicated for hours of entertainment. Get yourself a Polo GTI, overtighten the wheel bolts and then smash it into a broken kerb at a 'reasonable' (according to her) speed.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
It's easily replicated for hours of entertainment. Get yourself a Polo GTI, overtighten the wheel bolts and then smash it into a broken kerb at a 'reasonable' (according to her) speed.
Stop shifting the blame Si... dam those (insert own hated tyre company here) fellas. :p:joy::joy:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.