Tyre dressing - something real easy

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Guys
Not for me, but for my Daughter.
What's a really easy to apply tyre dressing.
I use Anachem ultrasheen, but that requires sticking on a glove, and using some kind of applicator pad.
Plus you've got to move the back or forward to do the last wee bit I find.

Anyone recommend something with a bit less faff

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
ag27012b.jpg

Not get anything easier than that!

Absolutely zero longevity with it though....

ShaunB

RMS Regular
OP
ShaunB
Fair enough, what about the instant tyre shine spray thing they have, you ever used it?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I use CarPro PERL mixed at 50:50 with a detail brush. Prime the brush and go round the tyre, all 4 are done in minutes and no need for gloves etc

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I've seen the dish matic technique mentioned a few times on here might have to give it a go.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Guys
Not for me, but for my Daughter.
What's a really easy to apply tyre dressing.
I use Anachem ultrasheen, but that requires sticking on a glove, and using some kind of applicator pad.
Plus you've got to move the back or forward to do the last wee bit I find.

Anyone recommend something with a bit less faff
Apply it with a brush.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
I use this. Can either sponge it on with a cheap dish sponge, or brush it.
Leaves a nice deep satin black.

D895BE3C-7763-44DB-BEB3-4AFFB6E1E4A5.jpeg

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I use the 10 for 20p disposable dish sponges, and megs endurance gel. But that’s the gloves and effort method. If she wants dressed tyres though it’s not gona kill her, 1 minute, I leave the sponges lying in a Chinese plastic tub on a shelf, as they absorb a good bit of gel, get plenty of use before bin. Disposable glove.
Other than that, one the foamy aerosol types probably easiest.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
OP
ShaunB
I think that magic idea of the dish brush cleaner is the best sounding option.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I use the Meguiars type applicator; it’s dead handy.

We will have these Gyeon ones in next month all being well. Similar to the Fireball ones we used to stock, cheap and again handy, but you need to use a glove or wash your hands after use if they’re covered in product.

CAC03039-77D0-4B68-B790-23AD3448D59F.jpeg

C18D17DC-AA4D-4905-BC61-061BD879ECDD.png

DJMCA

RMS Regular
I use the Meguiars type applicator; it’s dead handy.

We will have these Gyeon ones in next month all being well. Similar to the Fireball ones we used to stock, cheap and again handy, but you need to use a glove or wash your hands after use if they’re covered in product.

View attachment 316311
View attachment 316312
A cut sponge does the same job :p

View attachment 316244

love this stuff, easy on etc etc. just don't apply too much and there is no flick
+1 for this, all i use, lasts well and its good on plastics too. As said, just dont use too much, goes gunky.
1616141893752.png

If your looking dead handy applied, Auto Finesse Dressle does the job for tyres too. Not shiny but makes them black

Also, used to use this Turtle Wax when putting cars through the auction, spray on and thats it lol
1616142012672.png

jonny.92

RMS Regular
Autosmart Highstyle, poured into an aerosol lid, and applied with a 1 inch paintbrush.

Easy peasy.

I been doing exactly the same thing for years, I keep the highstyle in a jam jar and leave the brush in the aerosol lid when not using it

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Been using Autoglanz Uber Schwarz for a while and there is no sling, and lasts a couple of weeks.

Put a couple of drops on a washing up sponge and wipe over the wall of the tyre.

uber_schwarz_500ml_new_280x450.png

J55NI

RMS Regular
The biggest difference will be if the tyres are properly cleaned prior to application. Anachem painted on for me is perfect and lasts provided the tyres are prepped before hand..