Tyre pressures

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jmax

RMS Regular
when u put on pigger rims r u supposed to increase or reduce the tyre pressure??

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
thats what i thought lad its just my tyre pressures r up the left and i near head a big accident 2day cause of it

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
depends on what profile your tyres are realy, no set adjustment for the size of wheels, but there is for the profile of tyres

Dermot

ibitza said:
wat bout 205/40/17's

Depends on the weight of the Car, etc...
I had to keep 36-38 In my front tyres, and even at that they looked flat!
And they were 205/40's

But in most cars... 34 Front, 32 Rear (PSI)
Or Light cars like corsa etc 32 front, 30 Rear Couldnt be far wrong.

Dermot

al-sw20 said:
My mr2 has 31psi rear and 28psi fronts on its lil facto 14"s

Yeah cause its Rear engined RWD... I didnt know they came with rims as small as 14's. 18's on the front and leave the 14's on the rear ...lol

Matt123

RMS Regular
Dermot said:
ibitza said:
wat bout 205/40/17's

Depends on the weight of the Car, etc...
I had to keep 36-38 In my front tyres, and even at that they looked flat!
And they were 205/40's

But in most cars... 34 Front, 32 Rear (PSI)
Or Light cars like corsa etc 32 front, 30 Rear Couldnt be far wrong.

thats about rite for corsa id say, maybe a little less in the back from experience

al-sw20

Dermot said:
Yeah cause its Rear engined RWD... I didnt know they came with rims as small as 14's. 18's on the front and leave the 14's on the rear ...lol

Yer. 14s were stock from 1989-1991, they are woefully undersized, ive just bought a set of factory 15"s for $90nzd so im quite stoked. I'll just use the 14s for drag racing duty 8)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.