tyre prices

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

coffey

RMS Regular
Drives
honda civic
just bought myself sum new alloys

7" x 17"

wot sorta money am i lookin to put decent rubber on them cos my last alloys i went for the cheap route and boy was that a mistake....every roundabout in the wet u were guaranteed to kick the rear end out if u wanted to or not at 20MPH :confounded:hock:

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Toyo Proxes T1-S, ive had them a couple of times, as do many people on here. Cant say a bad word about them! They are very affordable and stick the car the road like glue!

Marc

RMS Moderator
uniroyal rain sports i have found to be good for the price... the toyos dont last very long, very soft tyre..... the daddies gotta be the goodyear eagle f1's but you will pay a lot for them

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Cant actually remember what i paid for mine, they are 18s. Everyone seems to get them (including me) from Harrys Tyres just off the beersbridge road in belfast. Give them a call, as they are the best prices around for toyos.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
One thing I must stress is that if you buy a performance car, buy some decent tyres for it. I remember seeing a new civic type R once with a set of silverstones on it. Not that I'm slagging silverstones, but they are a budget tyre, not something you put on your sports hatchback. I have toyos on the civic and although I think they are decent enough, I find it hard to know how they will react, especially in the wet. I'm gonna try something different (and probably more expensive again) next time.

Andy

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
I had F1's for a while there too, now those are tyres, they stuck to everything and i could drive in the wet the same as i do in the dry.. They also just wouldnt die, they lasted aaages!
I know what you mean about the toyos in the wet cooper, its a bit scary sometimes.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Cooper said:
One thing I must stress is that if you buy a performance car, buy some decent tyres for it. I remember seeing a new civic type R once with a set of silverstones on it. Not that I'm slagging silverstones, but they are a budget tyre, not something you put on your sports hatchback. I have toyos on the civic and although I think they are decent enough, I find it hard to know how they will react, especially in the wet. I'm gonna try something different (and probably more expensive again) next time.

Andy

totally agree. i put Eagle F1 GSD3's on the peugeot and its well worth it. do NOT skimp on tyres. its all very well having all the power, but if you can't get grip on the road, your bucked.

Whoever said uniroyal rainsport.... i agree again. these are a good tyre. they lasted forever when i had the seat leon (and that was with some pretty aggressive driving at times), and i still haven't found a better tyre in the wet (including the F1's).

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
coffey said:

7" x 17"

wot sorta money am i lookin to put decent rubber on them cos my last alloys i went for the cheap route and boy was that a mistake....every roundabout in the wet u were guaranteed to kick the rear end out if u wanted to or not at 20MPH :confounded:hock:

You driving one of those RWD subarus coffey :lol: Expect to pay £70/80ea for 17" eagle F1s, bit less for the likes of toyos. Try harrys tyres in Belfast for some good prices.

Andy

coffey

RMS Regular
OP
coffey
Drives
honda civic
Cooper said:
You driving one of those RWD subarus coffey :lol: Expect to pay £70/80ea for 17" eagle F1s, bit less for the likes of toyos. Try harrys tyres in Belfast for some good prices.

Andy

wish it was :lol:

shud hav wheels by weekend so hafta go tyre shopping 8)

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
coffey said:
every roundabout in the wet u were guaranteed to kick the rear end out if u wanted to or not at 20MPH :confounded:hock:

Thats the way you want it lad :lol:

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
I prefer the back roads myself !

PM me with details of the next track day & you never know. I usually only find out about track days once they're over.

errigle

RMS Regular
fatboyslim said:
Cant actually remember what i paid for mine, they are 18s. Everyone seems to get them (including me) from Harrys Tyres just off the beersbridge road in belfast. Give them a call, as they are the best prices around for toyos.

Dont even go anywhere else for Toyo's, nobody and i mean nobody can beat their prices, Toyo's are always normally in-stock

Bride

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Mr2 GT
coffey said:

7" x 17"

guaranteed to kick the rear end out if u wanted to or not at 20MPH :confounded:hock:

found this out the other week going round bellsbridge garage in the saxo!! fookin' slid and slid and left a mighty crack in the front bumper!!!! grrrr other than that cant fault my toyo proxes

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
i had federal tyres on my last set of rims, im on 14inch steelies at the minute...lol and i can't honestly say they were bad...super tyre in the dry and decent enough in the wet and they don't seem to want to die either...for a GOOD budget tyre i recommend them at £45 a corner for 17s

vibe_kid

RMS Regular
Drives
Deng Deng Deng
brides-saxo said:
coffey said:

7" x 17"

guaranteed to kick the rear end out if u wanted to or not at 20MPH :confounded:hock:

found this out the other week going round bellsbridge garage in the saxo!! fookin' slid and slid and left a mighty crack in the front bumper!!!! grrrr other than that cant fault my toyo proxes

bells bridge is an icerink on the best of days.. woodnt worry :laughing:

coffey

RMS Regular
OP
coffey
Drives
honda civic
i can get

215/45/17 marshalls for £45 a tyre
215/45/17 federals for £55 a tyre
215/45/17 pirelli 2000 for £85 a tyre
215/45/17 pirelli P1 for £120 a tyre

thats from my dad's work

gona give harry's tyres a ring now

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.