Tyre shine applicator . . . ?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Is there anything out there for this job ?

Spotted this "dish washing" soap applicator thing while shopping the other day. With a wee bit of tweaking it makes a pretty handy tyre shine applicator !

The only issue I had was i drilled a bigger hole as the Maguires stuff is quite thick , thinner product wouldn't need a bigger hole. Pitty the new sponge head spares only come with the rough scouring surface but it kind of helps evening out any old layers.

20160703_154014.jpg
20160703_154030.jpg
20160703_154330.jpg

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
I find the sponges and even MEGs applicator pad wear/tear away very quick.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
When I used megs tyre shine I just used a cut up sponge as mentioned by others, it was handy and cheap. However, I now use anachem ultra slick and have a paintbrush for applying it which is handy and cleaner.

I used a sponge for the anachem stuff as that's what I used with megs but will try a brush next time.

Bought both the Matt and shiney stuff

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Does anyone think mine is a good idea though ? No ballsing around with the bottle, loading up a brush/sponge , getting it all on your hands , scuffing your knuckles off the driveway . . . .

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Does anyone think mine is a good idea though ? No ballsing around with the bottle, loading up a brush/sponge , getting it all on your hands , scuffing your knuckles off the driveway . . . .

Could be a good idea but the sponges on those last no time. I have one for doing the dishes and it wears away in no time. A tyre is bound to destroy it a lot quicker.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Have megs tire gel and a megs applicator at my parents place. Only use them if I'm stuck

Definitely a brush man myself. Considering giving 50cal a go when the ag runs out

brendy

RMS Regular
Plus you can get a coffee while you wait but you will have to walk through the drive through. lol
Im sorry to admit I havent tried the coffee cure drive thru yet :worried:
As an aside, the new street coffee machines being rolled out at the spar garages are actually pretty good. I had a cappuccino yesterday on the way to golf and it was decent.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
I megs applicator pad is what I'm using at the minute with autofinesse tyre cream. Seems to go on a bit tidier than a paintbrush.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I use elite rubberite paint on with a brush, wait 30mins then run round with a cut sponge to eliminate splatter. Jab done (y)