Tyres

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Right folks,

I've currently got 275/35/20 Y(102)

But I'm looking at a set of 285 wide as my alloys are 10J which are .5 wider than stock and I'm hoping 285 will be less stretched and provide more kerb protection

My only worry is the reduced load index

The 285/30 are 21.5mm smaller in diameter and 67.6mm smaller in circumference than my current setup, faster accelerating too

Where if I stick to a 35 profile with 285/35 tyres the differences jump to 7mm larger in diameter and 22mm larger in circumference but the 35 profile offers a heavier Y(104) rating

Do I stick to 275/35 with 850kg rating each, move to 285/30 but drop to a 775kg rating but have a wider tyre and smaller rolling radius or step up to 285/35 with a 900kg rating and larger rolling radius
🤔

Hoping @RubberLover might be able to offer some assistance

It's a big heavy brute of a car weighing in excess of 2 tonne, with a bias to the front given its an Audi, a big heavy V10 sitting infront of the front wheels adding to load on the front axle

Thanks for any help

RubberLover

RMS Regular
2753520 is a popular size, I’d dare say it’s a cheaper size too.

I wouldn’t drop the load rating though. How bad is the stretch, can you upload a photo?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
2753520 is a popular size, I’d dare say it’s a cheaper size too.

I wouldn’t drop the load rating though. How bad is the stretch, can you upload a photo?

Yes cheaper by £7 a tyre than the 285/30s

I wouldn't exactly call it stretch but they're supposed to have a rim protector and 275 was the width the half inch narrower OEM wheels had so I figured 285 might be a more appropriate wheel width?

So stick with 275s or go with 285/35 to avoid lowering load?

The label in the door shut has 265/35/20 listed with 99v for M+S tyres, but I'm sure summer tyres being used more strenuously would need higher weight limits

RubberLover

RMS Regular
Pirelli Porsche fitment stuff usually have a nice chunky sidewall protector but then you’re paying big money. Then you’d have to weigh up is it worth the extra price against putting money to a wheel refurb...

I actually thing the wheel and tyre looks ok in that photo. Personally I’d keep the same setup.