UG Focus RS

RoniN

RMS Regular
Great work. (y)
Just a heads up those wee plastic screws can work loose with vibration.
A tiny wee spot of thread lock on the thread or screw another plastic nut onto the end of the exposed thread and nip it up.
That should stop any vibrating loose.

Cheers

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Turns out my car is quite an early build, one of the first 500 off the line.
Useless fact really but I wanted to know:rolleyes:

"you have the mk2 Ford Focus RS No. 436 / 11500
it came from the general Focus production line to the final RS assembly on 21st of april 2009 and left the Ford plant in Saarlouis the same day"
boerniRS

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Turns out my car is quite an early build, one of the first 500 off the line.
Useless fact really but I wanted to know:rolleyes:

"you have the mk2 Ford Focus RS No. 436 / 11500
it came from the general Focus production line to the final RS assembly on 21st of april 2009 and left the Ford plant in Saarlouis the same day"
boerniRS

Nice to know. I have never pursued this, but how did you go about finding out? Mine was first registered in Oct so it could have been a similar build time to yours.

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
This arrived during the week, should future proof my bonnet:p

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
7 months of ownership now and finally April has arrived, car will be 10 years old this month so it had a new Timing belt kit fitted on Friday as recommended by Ford. Got a full service while it was there also, still haven't got my plenum fitted but will try get it done very soon.
Miles will start to go up more now as it will be used and enjoyed at every possible opportunity (y)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

pkn

RMS Regular
Drives
Evora S / 159
7 months of ownership now and finally April has arrived, car will be 10 years old this month so it had a new Timing belt kit fitted on Friday as recommended by Ford. Got a full service while it was there also, still haven't got my plenum fitted but will try get it done very soon.
Miles will start to go up more now as it will be used and enjoyed at every possible opportunity (y)

Still adore the styling of this RS version + the best colour as well - love it!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Find a long, winding road up through some hills, dropping off down into some coastal towns and villages and open her up. Pure driving joy! :oops:

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Just a wee quick update, 1500 miles in now which is more than I thought I would do tbh but problem I’m having atm is staying out of it as it’s quite addictive, but it must be enjoyed.

Got the Plenum finally fitted just before Ford Fair, can’t say I’ve noticed any difference in the way it drives but it has certainly eased my mind in fear of original spontaneously exploding:joy:

No other plans other than maybe get a set of original wheels in black, I know most won’t like the idea but it’s in my head so has to be done even if I put them on and sell them again.

Few pics as always

7C2D8A3D-72B7-4452-A57F-796972F25DD6.jpeg

06A35799-49EC-4B24-9FF8-61D665873C90.jpeg

3295589E-F42C-44DA-943D-DFFACAD24FB5.jpeg

B5788AF6-661C-4AC7-96D9-7D5133FC7E28.jpeg

FC5EBA7B-A727-4BA3-9DE0-99C09E62D7D5.jpeg

4FF3DE19-DBE7-4DF4-A73A-42ABA601AF84.jpeg

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Just a wee quick update, 1500 miles in now which is more than I thought I would do tbh but problem I’m having atm is staying out of it as it’s quite addictive, but it must be enjoyed.

Got the Plenum finally fitted just before Ford Fair, can’t say I’ve noticed any difference in the way it drives but it has certainly eased my mind in fear of original spontaneously exploding:joy:

No other plans other than maybe get a set of original wheels in black, I know most won’t like the idea but it’s in my head so has to be done even if I put them on and sell them again.

Few pics as always

View attachment 241573
View attachment 241574
View attachment 241575
View attachment 241576
View attachment 241577
View attachment 241578

Looks great. No to the black wheels though :no_mouth:

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
1500 this weekend, or in total? 😮 Your wash to mile ratio must be crazy lol.

Get out there and drive it, get it up round the top of Scotland or Wales for a blast, ideal car for it!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Think I did 1500 miles in a month after getting the rs6 off of Rick when he did the exhaust for me, maybe you need a zaurst @redanni ?

I’m about to go for a 15 day 5000 mile drive in the C63 lol

Life is for living, get out and enjoy the car @redanni . No matter how low you try and keep the miles, there will always be someone with lower or one with next to no miles on it. Get an exhaust on it and book a weekend away in north wales!

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
I’m about to go for a 15 day 5000 mile drive in the C63 lol

Life is for living, get out and enjoy the car @redanni . No matter how low you try and keep the miles, there will always be someone with lower or one with next to no miles on it. Get an exhaust on it and book a weekend away in north wales!
Oh I hear you mate really I do which is why I have i been using it every weekend since May and will continue to until October, in fact just got back and will be out again later(y)

I'm not gonna lie and say I'm gonna do 10k miles a year but I am going to enjoy it

civic_tom

RMS Regular
That’s lovely. Always thought Ford did a phenomenal job of the styling on these. A real purpose built look in comparison to the relatively tame look of the newer RS imo.