UKVehicle.com

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Just stumbled over this site, its pretty awesome!!!

type in a reg and it will give you some info (tax status etc) which is free to get from the dvlc BUT it also gives you any old ads floating about on piston heads etc. You need to register (free) to see them but pretty useful.

Then for £3.99 you can get a HPI report (minus finance check, its £9.99 with that) which also pulls in the old MOT history, tax cost etc.

You can get a lot of that for free of course but it does show if its written off/stolen etc and puts everything in one nice document.

http://www.ukvehicle.com

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
As far as I could make out, my saab used to have a private plate on it, which is now on a 911 turbo. :worried:

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Liking that site, did a check for my old cars and my dads old Renault 21 plate now lives on a Red 1989 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 Coupe:grinning:

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Currently in the hunt for a new car myself and stumbled upon this site last week and it's great! Between this and totalcarcheck you can find so much out about the history of a car!

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I discover this last week. A friend was racially abused by some mong hanging out of his mate's golf as it drove past. Thing was, my friend was videoing something at the time and caught said mong and the car's plate on camera. Of course, we entered the reg on google and up popped the UKvehicle site which showed the gumtree ads from 2 months before for the car.

Best bit was the car hasn't been taxed. I'd say old plod are now after him for that as well as the hate crime.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Grey hatch? Remember giving a guy I work with your details when I seen you had posted about it on here. When I seen it I could have cried, should have bought it myself! Went to Scotland after he sold it.

That's the one. She was immaculate!! It had been is storage for 10 years when I bought it in 2003. Wish i'd never sold it, but at the time I was moving between house and jobs and didn't have the space for three cars.

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
Found a for sale ad for my first car on it. Sadly it's been took down otherwise I'd probably go buy it back, no tax on it either atm. I hope it's not a field car now :worried:

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Great site, just registered there.

My old MPS has been sorn'd for a while now, someone must be struggling to pay the £500 tax!

Also looks like my old VTR has been scrapped, hasn't been MOT'd or Tax since I sold it in 2009.

soccersmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
F32+RSV1000
It states my 1999 model scooter was first on the road in 1970 when it wouldn't have even been a thought in mr.yams ballbag.

Go figure !!

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
The default value for dates in some databases is 1/1/1970. I would imagine that the actual date is unknown and it's displaying the default DB date.

simy

RMS Regular
This may be a silly question but I'm looking at a cheap car which is sitting in a dealers yard. This website says that the tax ran out last Sept, but it is not Sorn'd either. I know that if I was to buy, the new tax only applies from the date of sale. Surely the dealer is responsible for the missing tax, or subject to an automatic fine?

soccersmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
F32+RSV1000
There may be some confusion as the S55JFS reg is actually on retention.

If I put the current scooter reg in OIG5777 it gives the correct details and it links it to when it was on S55JFS, but that's where it goes wrong.

Surly it should link properly to all previous regs on the scooter

It started life first registered on RIL7916 on 1/8/99
And if you check it, it's wrong too.
It's saying it had mot advisory for stuff not possible on a scooter.
Oh and he mileage is 70000 odd
And increased by 10000 odd by next mot.

Tight mileage for a scooter by any stretch of the imagination

The scooter hasnt a 10th of that mileage as its sat in the shed for most of its life.

P.S
The free car check is still loading after 20mins (LoL)

It's a good site for some info but not perfect.

Last edited:

j44nty

RMS Regular
Yeah it is all wrong lol. Bm is 1998 and how could it be on the road in 1991. Also associated with a random 5 series what?.
Screenshot_20160321-165932.png

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.