Ulster Rally 2018

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Anyone going?

In a change from usual procedure the UAC have released the programme and maps for free here: http://www.ulsterrally.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/JMMUR_Programme.pdf

Download it and get yourself to the hedges. It should be a cracker, it usually is when the British Rally Championship and Irish Tarmac championship collide.

Fantastic, classic, well used stages, especially on the Friday, with rallying going on right into dusk hopefully.

If you get a chance, get to Torr Head on the Friday. An absolute classic stage in Irish rallying.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Heading on the Friday and really looking forward to it, Torr Head is a superb stage :cool:

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
All the stages on Friday are class to be fair. Cairncastle is brilliant too, super fast.

Yep I have fond memories of my Dad and I going to watch the Ulster Rally from a young age, I remember one year taking my Mini and thought we were never going to make it up some of the steep hills around Torr Head, good times :laughing:

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Anyone going?

In a change from usual procedure the UAC have released the programme and maps for free here: http://www.ulsterrally.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/JMMUR_Programme.pdf

Download it and get yourself to the hedges. It should be a cracker, it usually is when the British Rally Championship and Irish Tarmac championship collide.

Fantastic, classic, well used stages, especially on the Friday, with rallying going on right into dusk hopefully.

If you get a chance, get to Torr Head on the Friday. An absolute classic stage in Irish rallying.

Just to be pedantic but its the NIMC, not the UAC!

I will be out all weekend around service, start, finish and regroups.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
OP
davecoupe
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Overnight leaders are Josh Moffett and Andy Hayes in the Combilift Rallying R5 Fiesta.

Pictured here flying over the famous jumps at the end of SS4 Glendun stage tonight, in damp, gloomy conditions as the darkness descended.

1D2FD4B5-88E5-4B48-B59B-BBA5F32396C4.jpeg

I got absolutely soaked through today, but the action was brilliant. Pity about Desi Henry and Jonny Greer on Cairncastle, they were doing well. I think every single crew through that location just about made it over the shiney tar until they arrived. I saw a clip of moffett over it and the car was every shape as he tried to get it slowed. I drove the whole way from Cushendall to see 5 cars go through Cairncastle before it was cancelled and then headed back up the coast to get the second stage through Glendun.

The reserve waterproofs will have to be called into action tomorrow.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
OP
davecoupe
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
So Matt Edwards and Darren Garrod take the Win on the Ulster Rally.

Great to see the Welsh fans (in the woods, their natural habitat) our on the stages.

Great rally, just a pity about the weather.

C77D08B7-F905-45FC-810B-EF9D7AD8309A.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.