Ulster Rally 2021

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Didn’t see a thread on this, anyone out on the stages.

See there’s live coverage:

Last edited:

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
Was at the regroup in Banbridge for a short while, enjoying the coverage online

Attachments

• IMG-20211120-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20211120-WA0004.jpeg
    403.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG-20211120-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20211120-WA0002.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 76

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Just home from it. We haven’t been to a rally in years and so took the wee man to his first. We Got to a decent spot on stage 8 and had them coming past mostly flat and getting a bit of air. Good to see the mk2’s in action. Best sounding car of the day was the e30 m3, closely followed by the mk2 millington cars.

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
It was good to be back out on the stages after a two year gap (I think Ulster 2019 was the last I spectated) and was on SS5, SS8 & SS9. Flyin Finn was at the same junction as us for both SS8/9.

On a separate note (not sure if this is even the best place to ask but does no harm), does anyone know what would be the best way to get into marshalling? I should hopefully have quieter weekends from next year to be able to do it.

seven rod

RMS Regular
Drives
MCSD Coupe
On a separate note (not sure if this is even the best place to ask but does no harm), does anyone know what would be the best way to get into marshalling? I should hopefully have quieter weekends from next year to be able to do it.
Sometimes local clubs will post on Facebook requesting marshalls. I used to marshall years ago, and always found out where to be and when from members of the club.

RoniN

RMS Regular

Hope this helps?

Cheers

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
Great to see it back again and it looked to be a good contest right up to stage 8.

Live coverage was a great idea, can't help feel it would have been better with a couple of drones given the relatively close proximity of stages?

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Was at the regroup in Banbridge for a short while, enjoying the coverage online
Managed to get my best side in the picture!
Great to see it back again and it looked to be a good contest right up to stage 8.

Live coverage was a great idea, can't help feel it would have been better with a couple of drones given the relatively close proximity of stages?
Thanks, the idea of drones to complement the footage is a good one. Will feed it back to our media company but there are restrictions in place surrounding the flying of them in proximity to stages and crowds.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
It was good to be back out on the stages after a two year gap (I think Ulster 2019 was the last I spectated) and was on SS5, SS8 & SS9. Flyin Finn was at the same junction as us for both SS8/9.

Marshals usually come from within motor clubs for rallying. On the Ulster, it tends to be a motor club that runs each stage. There are always opportunities to get involved

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
Managed to get my best side in the picture!

Thanks, the idea of drones to complement the footage is a good one. Will feed it back to our media company but there are restrictions in place surrounding the flying of them in proximity to stages and crowds.

Which one are you? Great wee spot for the regroup, in and out. I did see one of the young drivers/co driver clean themselves on that string line supporting the gate!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On the RMS Blog: History was made on last Saturday’s Modern Tyres Ulster Rally by Matt Edwards as he became the first person to win the Motorsport UK British Rally Championship title three years running.

Edwards arrived in Newry knowing only maximum points from the seventh and final round of the BRC would guarantee him another drivers’ crown – and that is exactly what he delivered.

“To win three British rally titles in a row is very special, but what makes it even more special for me is that it’s been in the making for two years,” explained the Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 driver. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here