Ultra Red Renaultsport Clio 200 FF

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
So after a brief fling, of around 16 months, with a Megane 265 Cup I'm back in a Clio. The Megane was a superb car, fantastic all round and a real great car for track use but with moving jobs and enjoying the benefits of a company car it was silly to have all the money tied up in it.

Having owned a 197 for the guys of 5 years and always saying I would own another Renaultsport Clio I just had to get one to replace the Megane. This particular car I know very well. It was always looked after service wise by myself when I worked for Hurst Renault and with the strong service history, including recent timing belt and water pump change along with discs and pads all round it was always going to be very hard to look past. I went and viewed the car last weekend to make sure it was as I remembered it and a deal was done there and then.

Got it home tonight and must say I missed being in a Clio! My Meg was 310bhp/350lb ft but the Clio is just so fun even with only 2/3 of the bhp and probably half the torque lol.

Some spec;
2010 Renaultsport Clio Cup
36,000 miles
Cup chassis
Cup spoiler
Yellow dot Recaro Sportsters
Full service history including belt and water pump change

It has more but the above are all that matter to me lol. Completely standard at present but as usual there are plans, plenty of them! The mud flaps will be coming off and @big_pete will be getting his hands on it as he does with all my cars. Other things like wheels/tyres for trackdays, coilovers and an exhaust will follow along with some carbon bits. There's no point chasing power in these as you could probably spend 5k before you would even see 210bhp lol.

Anyhow, some photos;

IMG_4467.JPG

IMG_4470.JPG

IMG_4472.JPG

IMG_4474.JPG

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
That's fantastic Eddie. it may only have 2/3 The power but I bet you can use it a lot more!

Health to enjoy squire

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@Eddie_ thought by the title you might have bought my old one. Still miss that wee car, was great to drive even if it did rattle a bit (ok a lot).

Health to enjoy.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Cheers for the comments guys.

Didn't get to do as many miles in the car over the weekend as I would have liked but ordered up a couple of bits and pieces just to improve on the looks first off :grinning:.

Hoping to have the mud flaps removed tonight, I've taken a real dislike to them lol.

hre1d

RMS Regular
Drives
JCW | 500X
Lovely Eddie, refreshing to see an Ultra Red example. Still miss my 197 and 200!

Those seat covers will still come in handy for you(y)

Health to drive!

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Beautiful Clio 200 Cup. It looks great in red with the contrasting gloss black. Looks like you got yourself a great car.

jonny.92

RMS Regular
Lovely Eddie, I was admiring it on Instagram.

I wouldn't even consider a Clio sport without the Recaros and Cup spoiler, so it ticks all the boxes for me (y)(y)

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I thought a cup has black door handles ?

It does along with black door strips, no air con and red calipers and a couple of other minor differences. I guess to be 100% accurate this is an Clio 200 full fat with Cup pack.

Last edited:

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
It does along with black door strips, no air con and red calipers and a couple of other minor differences. I guess to be 100% accurate this is an Clio 200 full fat with Cup pack.

Yea I thought that! You can spec a cup with aircon aswell although it's quite rare.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Looks great Eddie. Always a fanboy of anything Renault Sport. Enjoy.

_Stu_

RMS Regular
As soon as I spotted this coming down the street the other day I knew it would be you behind the wheel. Looks fantastic and I'm sure will remain in its immaculate condition.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Guys thanks for the comments! Haven't gone far in the car but I love it, so far it's been a bigger head turner than the LY197 or my Meg which has surprised me! Maybe it's the Cup spoiler lol.

I've managed to secure a trade with cash my way for the Turinis which I bought for the 265, it makes me feel not so bad about spending all that money on the wheels in February!

@Mark315 give me a shout with how much you want for it :grinning:.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.