Ultra Red Renaultsport Clio 200 FF

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Got the car back today after having the work carried out.

Work carried out;
Oil and filter chance
Gear oil change
Brake fluid change
Bottom ball joints (o/s and n/s replaced)
Rear brake calipers changed
Wheel alignment
Front speaker replaced (n/s)

All in all very happy and the car feels great. There is still a slight knock coming from the n/s which we believe to be a shock. Due to the amount of speed bumps around my area I’m not surprised and will have both front shocks replaced soon.

Couldn’t get to the bottom of the coolant loss but I will have that checked out again once I’m having the shocks replaced.

Certainly is good to have peace of mind that all fluids (except coolant) have been refreshed and a clean bill of health (except the shock).

Glad to have the old girl back :grinning:

E7EB9AB4-EED7-41AD-B5C4-C67551D8A7FA.jpeg

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
So bad luck strikes again for the Clio and yet again I’m questioning the future of the car.

Fortunately for me none of the issues or bad luck I’ve had with this car have been mechanical, all cosmetic.

I came across this damage today when cleaning the car. It looks like some inconsiderate rat has opened a door or something onto the passenger door and damaged the paint. It caught my eye as the car was dirty but the dirt was smudged around the damaged area - meaning that whoever damaged the door has known about it but no note was left. Sickens me as the damaged is more nasty than photos pick up and there is a considerable dent too :worried:

6CC98D4F-E3B9-4B52-80A4-7C601E96C49F.jpeg

What next? I do feel as though I’m losing heart in the car and can’t catch a break. Just bad luck upon bad luck. I have been in touch with @moglie about selling on my behalf and can see me pushing on with this idea once I have the paint repaired.

GarethM

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 200 Cup
@Eddie_ that's brutal mate. I am sure if you decide to sell with the care and attention you show the car it won't sit around for long

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
This car will be going up for sale properly in the coming weeks. In the meantime if anyone is interested in the car they can drop me a PM and I’ll send spec etc over.

All the aftermarket parts (exhaust, wheels and induction kit) on the car are reserved on the RS forums but can be included in the sale should the potential buyer wish to negotiate.

In terms of service history, this car has gotten everything it needs and it will continue to do so until I sell it. For instance, there is a knock from the front which will be cured this week with shock replacement and there’s a brand new air filter waiting to be fitted once the induction kit is removed. No expense spared by myself or the previous owner. Belts changed ahead of schedule. Genuine Renault discs and pads replaced within the last 6,000 miles. Plenty done preventative maintenance wise by myself at the last service (in October 2018).

33A17C71-413D-4263-A4AA-0FB6368A04B4.jpeg

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I still miss my old RS200. Great cars that perform far better than they have any right to. I can only imagine what RenaultSport can do with the Megane and a turbo. Your old one was a very cool car, great colour too.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I still miss my old RS200. Great cars that perform far better than they have any right to. I can only imagine what RenaultSport can do with the Megane and a turbo. Your old one was a very cool car, great colour too.

You’re right! I loved my old Megane, was such a brilliant car on the road but felt epic on track. Having owned a grey one my preference this time around would be Flame Red or Liquid Yellow. Will keep an eye on the classifieds and see what pops up :grinning:

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
GLWTS mate!

Get yourself into a Trophy ;)

Cheers fella! If I don’t sell it, then the car will go to Stefan at Performance Cars NI to sell.

Trophy would be great but if a Cup S came up in the right spec (Recaros, R Link/RS Monitor, Akra) I would jump at it. Would like Speedlines on it but can always pick a set up :grinning:

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
great read through, very nice example- shame about the bad luck, people are so inconsiderate:mad:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.