Unable to cancel policy today, can I take out a new one with another company?

RXCAuto

RMS Regular
Basically passed my test this morning, phoned Endsleigh to cancel learner insurance and they say they’re closed (supposed to be open 9-5 on a Saturday according to website). Am I able to go to the likes of AXA and start a new policy and cancel with endsleigh on monday? Cheers for any quick answers

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Well done on passing your test. My understanding is you cant have two insurance policies running on the one vehicle at the same time.

DUB_MK3

RMS Regular
Surely you are covered to drive the car now that you’ve passed? Learner insurance is insurance and don’t think there is a difference?

RXCAuto

RMS Regular
OP
RXCAuto
Well done on passing your test. My understanding is you cant have two insurance policies running on the one vehicle at the same time.
Cheers. I’d have guessed that too, may be safer to leave it until Monday. Shame

RXCAuto

RMS Regular
OP
RXCAuto
Surely you are covered to drive the car now that you’ve passed? Learner insurance is insurance and don’t think there is a difference?
My understanding is that I was initially insured on the provisional license as a learner. Now I’m on a Full license so presuming the insurance doesn’t apply anymore because I’ve passed

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
You would think that but I'd always be wary of issues like that with insurance companies. Youd probably be grand but is it worth the risk?

Some insurance companies let you make amendments to your policy online, I take it yours doesn't?

RXCAuto

RMS Regular
OP
RXCAuto
No need to risk it now, they finally answered. Cancelled policy, all sorted. Cheers, may be a useful thread for others