Unable to produce license

Mpm95

RMS Regular
Hi All!

Basically got caught speeding by a speed van so i had sent my license away to get the points stuck on, i then get caught 2 weeks later by the police, after explaining that i had sent my license away already to get a set of points on they still gave me a notice to produce it to a police station within 7 days, obviously i am unable to do so as its still not back, I've seen online that you will be taken to court if your unable to produce documents but surely this is an exception to that? Anyone go through the same thing?

Thanks, Mark

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Go to the police station before the 7 days is up and explain that to the clerk. They can get an extension issued for a further 7 day period.

Mpm95

RMS Regular
OP
Mpm95
Any idea what happens if your license doesnt come back within the 2nd 7 days??

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I got mine extended there and then on the scene as I'd just sent my provisional off to get changed to full licence. Test 3 weeks and got 3 points for 67 in a 60 with R plates up

Ghost

RMS Regular
It will never be back in 14 days. There a big backlog. Go and produce what documents you have within the first 7ndays and Ask for the officers mobile number or email and explain that to them also. They will likely extend it for a number of weeks. No big drama.

therock

RMS Regular
Plus if the officer gives a ***** (i doubt it) they can email DVA directly and get license details.

If you get speaking to them just ask if emailing the address in their outlook of "zDVA" is an option

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I got mine extended there and then on the scene as I'd just sent my provisional off to get changed to full licence. Test 3 weeks and got 3 points for 67 in a 60 with R plates up
22mph over 3 weeks after passing your test
Gonna be a long hard 2 years lol
It should do
I had mine back in 10days
Points written on by pen an not printed as they were on skeleton staff back then

bmurf

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
I have gone through this after getting caught speeding, 37 in a 30, only my licence was actually out of date. Explained to the person at the desk at police station that I had sent it off to be renewed and that it wouldn't be back in time. but ended up going to court 4 months later. I got £60 fine and the 3 points for the speeding and a further £30 court costs. The judge was decent enough, I just had to explain it to him what had happened

Deleted member 13907

D
I’ve only ever been caught once, but I found that by speaking to the officer on the scene they could be reasonable enough. I was going on holidays the next week and needed my license for a hire car, so he extended the date I had to bring my license into the station until the day I got back.

Mpm95

RMS Regular
OP
Mpm95
Just an update, i rang and spoke to the clerk at the station and she said not to worry as the officer had noted it against the penalty on his side.

avo5021

RMS Regular
I see you’ve got sorted but an option when this happens is for the Officer to make contact with Fixed Penalty Processing Centre (FPPC) and a ‘hold’ can be put on your licence negating the need to produce/surrender, it will then remain with the court pending the Penalty being paid and then it will be returned from the Court after endorsement.