underbody wash

pablo

RMS Moderator
So my bros 03 focus had an oil leak and the underside is covered in crusty oil etc. whats a good method to getting it cleaned up for MOT? Would the "MOT wash" crowd do the job? Or would it need something a bit stronger?

2019-09-25 17.59.55.jpg

RevT

RMS Regular
A good MOT wash will sort that no problem with a degreaser and a hot wash.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@Gambit uses a good place for under body washes, hes taken a scoob a few times and they seem to get a great review.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Powerhose the big chunks then a bit of degreaser, then another powerhose.

Or a proper steam clean power wash

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
They've never made a dent in the oil covering my engines in the past.

Anachem lazer is the job though

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Im not tackling this myself btw, its already dumped enough oil on my drive.

Gambit

RMS Regular
@Gambit uses a good place for under body washes, hes taken a scoob a few times and they seem to get a great review.

yeah one i use is over by Knock/Castlereagh road/Ballygowan Road junction

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Get some Anachem Lazer sprayed on to it before you go to get it washed, if you have any.

I washed an old oily engine down with it earlier this year before pulling it apart, and also washed the engine bay of my Surf after curing it many oil leaks and it came up really well, shifting almost all of the old baked on oil in the first wash. Made it easy to confirm no more leaks too šŸ˜¬

johnm

RMS Regular
Get some Anachem Lazer sprayed on to it before you go to get it washed, if you have any.

I washed an old oily engine down with it earlier this year before pulling it apart, and also washed the engine bay of my Surf after curing it many oil leaks and it came up really well, shifting almost all of the old baked on oil in the first wash. Made it easy to confirm no more leaks too šŸ˜¬

Good to know!

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool

Surf never leaked oil your telling porkies