Underground garage build

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Shame they won't post to Northern Ireland (n)

Seen that, have a 4,000 sq ft warehouse to paint shortly lol

Polyurethane is a one part product, and will be nowhere near the quality nor durability of epoxy. @jincam seems to really know what he is talking about, because as with anything, preparation is the key.

It is said many times about many things, but do things right the first time round. polyurethane coatings like this seem great, but they really will be a case of buy cheap(er) buy twice.

epoxy is expensive, but it is expensive for a reason. Our store floor has been down for 20 years according to my dad - I thought it was only 15, but nevertheless, we have had forklifts over it for all that time, chemicals spilled over it, cars in and out, me and @ewok spending many a night fibreglassing sound systems and servicing cars, more knocks and bangs and things dropped on it, and it is still as good as the day it went down.

we use 3M stuff, because it is the best on the market. It was actually Thortex epoxy, but he was bought over my 3M because the owner of it is a genius, and has a few lovely things that 3M liked. If anyone wants prices, I can get you the best price I can with whatever discounts I can manage, but remember - there are cheaper options out there, but they will not last like epoxy will.

Last edited:

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Would anyone know if the epoxy stuff would be safe and durable enough for a floor of a kennel block?

To be washed and scrubbed regularly? Our current floor was never right and has been peeling for quite a while!

BarryPort

RMS Regular
OP
BarryPort
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
The Mrs got me drone footage of the house as a wedding gift & thought I'd let you guys see how the garage is built into the landscape.

IMG-20160808-WA0042.jpg

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
That's such a fantastic site. It must be lovely to live somewhere as private as that.

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
First time seeing this thread and it looks fantastic, fair play Barry! and Congrats on the wedding too!