Universal remote central locking

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Has anyone any advice on a half decent universal remote central locking kit? I’m looking something fairly reliable. Thanks in advance

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
I bought a cheap eBay one once and fitted it to a corsa, lasted years until I sold it. Probably still going strong. The car had central locking already so was fairly straight forward.

Turks

RMS Regular
OP
Turks
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Does the car have anything at all at present ?
It had a universal remote central locking kit but that’s been stripped out. It has central locking but the key locks were removed when the previous owner fitted his kit.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If the original actuators are there, it will make things easier. If they've been removed then you'd be needing to fit some.

Ideally you'd want the OEM actuators there and just get a remote means of operating them

Turks

RMS Regular
OP
Turks
Drives
Passat/Impreza
If the original actuators are there, it will make things easier. If they've been removed then you'd be needing to fit some.

Ideally you'd want the OEM actuators there and just get a remote means of operating them
I don’t think they are there I would need to check. It’s a nova gsi they wouldn’t of had remote central locking from new as I’m sure you know.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
You're going to need to add wiring and everything from scratch then, and create brackets etc for the actuators.

Probably as handy buying a complete alarm kit at the same time ? As for the solenoids, they'll probably all be cheap chinese stuff anyway. Although probably reliable if you keep them dry etc.

Sham1

RMS Regular
I don’t think they are there I would need to check. It’s a nova gsi they wouldn’t of had remote central locking from new as I’m sure you know.
I thought the mk2 nova had central locking. Pretty sure my mates SRi had central locking, so would have thought it would have been standard on the Gsi. Sure it wasn’t remote, but the actuators should be there

Turks

RMS Regular
OP
Turks
Drives
Passat/Impreza
I thought the mk2 nova had central locking. Pretty sure my mates SRi had central locking, so would have thought it would have been standard on the Gsi. Sure it wasn’t remote, but the actuators should be there
I’m not sure if there still there or not. Hopefully they are but the car is away getting sprayed at the min. I ordered a kit there tonight from eBay with actuators incase there not there.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
As above, the cheap kits usually last ages and are really handy fitted. 2 core wire to each door and fit the solenoids, job done

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
The kits are fine. All 4 (or 2) solenoids, wiring, remote, everything you need. Sound a bit loud and clunky in my experience but work very well.