UUJ - Carparking

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
dont think this has been brought up b4 but was in my uni inbox

as u know the carparks at UUJ are appauling and this is their solution.......

it was long awaited but will prob not be to everyones taste but hopefully it will sort out the problems

http://www.ulster.ac.uk/carparks/guide/

Annual Permit - Student
Full-time students can apply for an annual permit. The cost of the permit is £80 per annum or £45 for six months. Students will have to apply each year.

On submission to the Car Park and Traffic Management Office of a completed application form and presentation of a valid University Student ID card, users will be issued with a proximity card that will permit entry to and exit from University sites. The card must be used each time a permit holder wishes to enter or exit a University site. Student car park proximity cards are not transferable to staff or any other users. Replacement proximity cards will incur a charge of £10.

Students may choose to car share, in which case one permit may be purchased jointly with other students.To receive an access card a Student Permit Application Form should be completed by each member of the group and submitted with a jointly completed car sharing form.

Part-time students and those who do not wish to use an annual permit may choose between hourly tickets or a top-up card.

Tariffs are:
First ½hr FREE
Up to 2hrs £0.80
Up to 3hrs £1.20
Up to 4hrs £1.50
Up to 5hrs £1.80
Up to 6hrs £2.00
Up to 9hrs £2.50
Up to 24hrs £3.00

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
yeah got that email too boydie - just have to go along with it - could be worse

tahiblue

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7 Golf R
The same thing is happening in UUC, and if you earn over £15k and work in the uni the cost can go up to £500 for a year! They even take it directly out of your wages :x

The Red

Hmm at last its released. As a former student and driver I know of the car park problems up there. However, I cant but fail to see this as a money making scheme. They are not allowed to build anymore car parks, But yet they go and turn one of the largest car parks into buildings which they lease to 3rd party companies.

On top the number of vehicles has increased. However surely an improvement on the public transport would go some way to resolve the issue. More Uni links more often...

How are they goin to stop cards being passed about?

Students who only need to go to uni 2 days a week pay the same annual fee as someone who goes everyday?

What do residents in the halls/student village pay? Do they pay the fee on top of their residential fees?

This scheme was introduced years back but was scrapped due to the heavy congestion on the shore road and railway road caused by the queues of traffic waiting to get through the entry machines.

I dont think this is going to solve the problem, but only worsen the situation.

My answer is simple: biuld a multi storey car park up by the IT block, with 4 levels underground, thus its not detracting from the scenary in any way, but provides 500+ spaces.

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
not a bad idea red clio - but if they build that they BETTER GET A FUKIN PROPER SECURITY SYSTEM.

thats a thieves paradise - cameras aint gonna stop em wreckin ur car or stealin ur car etc

need to get proper patrol guys or something!

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
they resolved the car parking issue in the city hospital with a 3 tier, multi-story and it worked a treat, traffic is soo much better around here now.

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
Underground multi-storey sounds great, would solve nearly all the problems including security. One Enterance and one exit would make it very difficult for thieves!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
then r fees would no doubt go up in the process - wether ur a driver or not :roll:

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Just pay the fees and stop moaning :p

@ Boydie....You only live 5mins down the road....walk you lazy sh!te !! :p

p 5ary

RMS Regular
great!
1100 to go to uni
80 to park
arnt guaranteed a parking place
arnt guaranteed safety for vehicle
i think its takin the P1$$

and who are they trying to kid grouping students into the same bracket of wages less than 15000, i think they could have split the wage limit slightly further! Like < 5000
5000< wage<10000 etc..
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i wudnt mind if security was stepped up or guaranteed a parkin spot

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
andy_gdon said:
Just pay the fees and stop moaning :p

@ Boydie....You only live 5mins down the road....walk you lazy sh!te !! :p

i dont mind payin the fees - but most will

its a 15-20min walk from my flat which means extra sleepin :laughing:

plus if its raining id rather drive - alsot he gf now has a house beside the train station so i mite be able to park there :p

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
well, ill not be there next year to worry about paying any parking fee's :laughing:

however, i shall have to pay money for the treat of doing a re-sit in august :?:

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
well u will be back in 4th year to pay for parking and no doubt it will rise up and up :p

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
i fear not. as i shall be a director in farrans by the years close, and there'll be no cause to return to a life full of whinging drunkerds

Ricky-GT-Four

Drives
Celica GT Four
p 5ary said:
great!
1100 to go to uni
80 to park
arnt guaranteed a parking place
arnt guaranteed safety for vehicle
i think its takin the P1$$

and who are they trying to kid grouping students into the same bracket of wages less than 15000, i think they could have split the wage limit slightly further! Like < 5000
5000< wage<10000 etc..
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i wudnt mind if security was stepped up or guaranteed a parkin spot

Totally agree with u!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
saw it bein started at UUC aswell - think its goin to be a disaster :roll:

Ricky-GT-Four

Drives
Celica GT Four
it will be, they did an off site parking day, u couldn't get up or down the road, plus they have lost car parking spaces in the carparks due to installing the system

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
plus due to them install pointless building around the place, why the hell dont they convert that field at the back of block 16 into a mama car park?

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
slinky2000 said:
plus due to them install pointless building around the place, why the hell dont they convert that field at the back of block 16 into a mama car park?

they cant - u have to have a certain amount of green grass per building i think

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.