V70 D5 estate

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
So I spent ten mins on this headlight tonight as the other one was done by the previous owner before he ran out of patience due to not having a buff machine.

Still could do with more work but defo has improved a lot.

Before
IMG_8692.PNG

After
IMG_8693.PNG

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Clutch position sensor fault... after stripping it down and cleaning it and with no success of fixing it I had to order a new one.. £45!
IMG_8635.JPG

New and old
IMG_8713.JPG

RESULT :grinning:

Cruise control now working
IMG_8634.JPG

Last edited:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
After all the cars I've had, S4, 535d, XFS, etc etc

I can honestly say this is one of my favourite cars already and was a fraction of the price compare to the rest of them.

Am I getting old or have I been bitten by the volvo bug? :laughing:

_Stu_

RMS Regular
After all the cars I've had, S4, 535d, XFS, etc etc

I can honestly say this is one of my favourite cars already and was a fraction of the price compare to the rest of them.

Am I getting old or have I been bitten by the volvo bug? :laughing:

I was the same when I owned the old V40. I found myself enjoying it more than the Mk6 Golf GTI I had at the time (and I was only 24 at that point)

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
It does everything so well and it's very well spec'd for the price of them.

It's powerful enough too, coming from a 400+ Bhp S4 to 163bhp volvo would seem it would bore the life outta me but I'm actually impressed espically for the size of it.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Big yoke has been left in to get spoiler painted & fitted.

Also getting alloys refurbed in Bmw Feric grey (y)

Want a light grey and the car to slightly seem different, think it may go well with the light blue car colour

Fingers crossed

View attachment 198849

Last edited:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Well here it is... spoiler painted / fitted and wheels refurbed and painted BMW Feric Grey.

(Looks darker in photos)

Car hasn't been washed or trims treated but it looks a lot different and I like it!

Tomorrow, getting dropped up to @NI_Volvo_Nut to get the new suspension arms, droplinks and rear brake shoe kit fitted and it's be pretty much done.

Will be Cleaned and washed with all the new anachem products and it'l be ready for my week off and ready to rack up the miles :grinning:
IMG_8814.JPG
IMG_8816.JPG
IMG_8819.JPG
IMG_8823.JPG
IMG_8824.JPG
IMG_8825.JPG
IMG_8826.JPG

wes

RMS Regular
Well here it is... spoiler painted / fitted and wheels refurbed and painted BMW Feric Grey.

(Looks darker in photos)

Car hasn't been washed or trims treated but it looks a lot different and I like it!

Tomorrow, getting dropped up to @NI_Volvo_Nut to get the new suspension arms, droplinks and rear brake shoe kit fitted and it's be pretty much done.

Will be Cleaned and washed with all the new anachem products and it'l be ready for my week off and ready to rack up the miles :grinning:
View attachment 199197 View attachment 199198 View attachment 199199 View attachment 199200 View attachment 199201 View attachment 199202 View attachment 199203
That looks fantastic

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Car is looking so much younger from when I first seen it, if it didn't have so many pedals I'd be tempted to make a sneaky offer for it lol

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Haha I've already a taxi friend wanting to buy it, he knows how fussy I get with cars and loves it.

A lot nicer to drive now with new arms, droplinks and rear shoekit fitted!

Thanks again @NI_Volvo_Nut for your great work and constant advice (y)(y)

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Filled the car up to the neck today... don't know how realistic this is but if I get half that I'd love it compared to what I used to get in previous cars lol

Wife wants to go to belfast zoo... I'm demanding Dublin zoo just to rack up the miles :laughing::laughing:
IMG_8909.JPG

warren

RMS Photographer
That is just so overwhelmingly cool. The little spoiler and the darker wheels are fantastic.

So much want

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Filled the car up to the neck today... don't know how realistic this is but if I get half that I'd love it compared to what I used to get in previous cars lol

Wife wants to go to belfast zoo... I'm demanding Dublin zoo just to rack up the miles :laughing::laughing:View attachment 199765
Mine was auto and easily done 600 to a tank (until it developed a drink problem)
Very welcome too, wish I could say it was a pleasure but it was rewarding to feel the difference in it lol