VAG 2.0tdi fuel problem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
Hopefully someone can help me with this strange issue. The car is a Passat 2.0 180 bhp 2007.

I bought a Passat about 6yrs ago and when I stopped driving it regularly for work it started to have some fueling problems.

I noticed when giving it full acceleration in 3rd or 4th gear it would start to miss as if not getting enough fuel.

Fast forward on a while and after the car had been laying up for a month it refused to start. I pulled the fuel filter and filled the housing with fuel, sealed it back up and it fired up again after cranking.

I began to think the fuel pump in the tank maybe faulty and had that replaced and things went well for a while starting wise although the new pump did seem noisy.

Today after driving it cut out while driving, refusing to start until I filled the fuel filter canister with diesel again. The new pump doesn't seem to be working as I can't hear any noise.

Any ideas or anyone experienced something similar before I set this thing on fire?

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
It's common for the pump in th tank to go on them mine did it too,think it was £140 for a new genuine one

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Also common for injectors around that year so every chance it could be them

paddymcc

RMS Regular
OP
paddymcc
Drives
C63
Also common for injectors around that year so every chance it could be them

Yeah I should have mentioned they were done under the recall by VW.

I'm wondring if this new pump is berked too.

Do you know if it's essential to use vagcom when the fuel filter is changed?

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Yeah I should have mentioned they were done under the recall by VW.

I'm wondring if this new pump is berked too.

Do you know if it's essential to use vagcom when the fuel filter is changed?

Not so much on those,more the CR engines

egvti

RMS Regular
Drives
eg vti civic
The recall was on the 2.0pd engines so have that checked out to see if been done or can be done, the fuel pump in the tank is very common and will be your issue most likely especially if the fuel filter bowl was empty.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.