VAG Vacuum Pipe

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Can anyone help me get a part number or even a supplier of the below pipe. There was a couple of them and they were pushed inside a rubber hose. Brittle and very fragile.

Was hard to get an accurate measurement on them so could be out a bit there!

IMG_20191004_143302788.jpg
IMG_20191004_143349249.jpg

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
like an injector bleed off ? they're pretty small. Most pipes will reference ID, not OD

And what material is it ? rubber, nylon, other ?

Standard size for a hard nylon tube would be 4mm OD ( as well as other similar steps...ie 6, 8, 10 ) and be readily available.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
It's hard to tell it feels very stiff but that could be age. Needs to be stiff enough to push up inside a 4mm ID pipe anyway.

I've no idea what they are to be honest or even how how long they've been snapped

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Think I found a part number. It's number 24 on the below diagram

vacuum pipe_zpspjzkwjae.jpg

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
@Coog what was it attached to??

I'm actually not sure, I'll hopefully get a chance to look tomorrow. It happened as I was wrapping up and I just snapped a section off to take back to the house to measure / check later. There was at least two pipes, one running at the rear and one at the front running over the left cam cover (2.4 V6 A4) into the wing area from the centre of the engine.

I've ordered some PTFE pipe of similar dimensions. I'm assuming the small pipe pulls out of the larger pipe. If it doesn't I guess I'm buying more parts.

Everything plastic or rubber on this thing is falling to pieces.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I’ve some hose here if you’re stuck this evening. Failing that, any auto factors for 4mm diesel leak off would so your job.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Cheers will take a run to Colin Adams.

No rush @Nicky it's lying in the shed in bits at the minute so can take my time.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Was going to buy a length of it but saw that it was only rated to 70c.

It's a vacuum pipe. As long as you dont tie it to the exhaust it'll be fine.
Or if you wanted metal....dimensions arent a million miles away from brake pipe. Would prob need a clip on the rubber hose ends as brake pipe is a little smaller.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
It's a vacuum pipe. As long as you dont tie it to the exhaust it'll be fine.
Or if you wanted metal....dimensions arent a million miles away from brake pipe. Would prob need a clip on the rubber hose ends as brake pipe is a little smaller.

OK thanks. It's basically draped over the top of the engine so figured 70c wouldn't be enough.