Van wanted

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
thinking of changing my mind towards the likes of the Peugeot boxer relay or ducato van
Good call, far better vans.

I will have a 2.2 hdi Relay for sale soon, 2005, LWB, just clicked 140k and as tidy a van as you'll find anywhere for £1750. Wooden floor, built in workbench and LED light, towbar, good handbrake, good gearbox, remote central locking, great tyres, and not a dent to be seen.
It's been a totally reliable second (/third) van for me for a few months but it will be surplus after the end of this month.

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza

My boss just stuck this up, might be of interest? Crew cab fairly handy and don’t think it’s had a particularly hard life!
Thanks looks well but I'm not looking a crew cab

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Anyone any experience with the the likes of primaster traffic and vivaro vans ie bad points and things to look for when buying second hand
Mines on 391k miles and just passed MOT with no advisories.
Only real issues are gearboxes and injectors on the 2 litre ones.
If budget permits go for the 2.0 over the 1.9 (2007 on)
They don't rust.
Front suspension should be quiet and planted. They eat cheap top mounts and bushes. So stick with good quality stuff and you'll be grand.
They drive far far better than even the new transit custom. I'm a vivaro fanboi, but there's very little else out there that drives as good or goes as well (after remap) for the money.

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
Just back from looking at an 08 relay nice big van

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
Good call, far better vans.

I will have a 2.2 hdi Relay for sale soon, 2005, LWB, just clicked 140k and as tidy a van as you'll find anywhere for £1750. Wooden floor, built in workbench and LED light, towbar, good handbrake, good gearbox, remote central locking, great tyres, and not a dent to be seen.
It's been a totally reliable second (/third) van for me for a few months but it will be surplus after the end of this month.
Have you still got the relay