Vauxhall 1.4T Engine

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
A friend is looking for a 1.4 turbo petrol engine to suit a 2017 Zafira Tourer. Anyone happen to know of anything?

Last edited:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
they only come with 1 month warrenttee so get em in and run em asap
All the ones I got from them were emergency jobs and engines were in the car within a day or two max so never had to test the warranty thankfully.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
they only come with 1 month warrenttee so get em in and run em asap
Yeah that’s very true 😂 but here Tbf I know a few working in there and they do make every effort to run the engines before removal but yeah I do get them asap as well but everywhere is the same

dddrrift

RMS Regular
you would need the engine code, are you sure it isnt a petrol engine being a 1.4T? B14NET or similar? They eat the chain guides, bits block the oil pickup and starve the engine of oil, killing turbo in the process. Lovely wee engine :grinning:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Apologies, it is petrol. No idea why I wrote diesel in the first post 🤦‍♂️.

I’ve told him to Google how to find the engine code for a Vauxhall as he will need it when ringing Traynors.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
Apologies, it is petrol. No idea why I wrote diesel in the first post 🤦‍♂️.

I’ve told him to Google how to find the engine code for a Vauxhall as he will need it when ringing Traynors.
he has little to no chance really of getting an engine here, they eat themselves all too often and command a premium because of that. Try searching ebay with the engine code and expect to pay £2k+unfortunately, even then id be doing a chain kit on it and cleaning out the sump before fitting.

If his is still running then he has half a chance of saving it with a chain kit, sump clean, and turbo replaced.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Any recommendations for somewhere that would work on it? He’s Bangor based.

Not sure if it’s still running, will find out,

brendy7

RMS Regular
One of the dealers we do work for came in this morning asking for an engine for one of these he got one in Strabane can ask for the number of the place to see if they have anymore

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
One of the dealers we do work for came in this morning asking for an engine for one of these he got one in Strabane can ask for the number of the place to see if they have anymore
That would have been Norman mc mullan's he would have got it in. They only break vauxhall and I'd be surprised if they don't have one.