Vectra SRi CDTi 150bhp

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
I have one. Fly wheel does a bit of rattling. Get a partial blank for egr. Top intercooler hose prone to splitting and calipers can stick, but can be fixed easily enough. These are just the things that have happened mine. Cruise control is great lol
Yea I’ve already started to make a shopping list, once I’ve the heater and the drivers door window sorted and the all important MOT out of the way I’ll be getting the partial egr blanking plate.

Thanks for the shout about the other potential issues.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
fraid so. though my mechanic was VERY reasonable for the amount of work he did (dropping the back subframe!)

I need to let things like this stop bothering me so much. I went into full panic attack there for a while, chundered and everything lol.

Anyway, I think I’ll just stick it through and see what it fails on, then deal with whatever that might be.

I’m (trying to be positive) lucky because we do have a back up car heaven forbid this is as scary as what some of you guys say, time will tell but I guess there has to be a down side to someone swapping a car that’s three year younger for a clio! Lol

colin84

RMS Regular
I need to let things like this stop bothering me so much. I went into full panic attack there for a while, chundered and everything lol.

Anyway, I think I’ll just stick it through and see what it fails on, then deal with whatever that might be.

I’m (trying to be positive) lucky because we do have a back up car heaven forbid this is as scary as what some of you guys say, time will tell but I guess there has to be a down side to someone swapping a car that’s three year younger for a clio! Lol

Every car has there faults, at least there's nothing major.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
The more I drive it, the more I love it!

It didn’t come with an owners manual so I haven’t a clue what the half of the car can do, but it’s fun finding out the functions! Lol

Jonesy

RMS Regular
The more I drive it, the more I love it!

It didn’t come with an owners manual so I haven’t a clue what the half of the car can do, but it’s fun finding out the functions! Lol
I recently got a zafira sri 150bhp , check looms on doors as they break and can stop windows working. Zafira rear drivers door had gone and stopped rear window and central locking. I seen that vectra for sale on facebook and thought it looked tidy and a very good price

bmurf

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
They are all easy fixes bar the flywheel. My drivers window is stuck aswel lol. The regulator can just be bent. They do go very well with a dtuk box, mine started to slow down after a while but that could have been the intercooler hose being split

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
You could play the paperclip game. Keep trading until you end up with a house (or a much better car is ok).
Brilliant!! I like the idea of that, even if it is just for a better car lol. I’ve done it in the past and ended up with some corkers, but also many many pieces of ****!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
keep er between the hedges mucker, nice big wagons these, tons of space
Thanks auld han!

Today I fixed one niggling problem and prevented one from happening!

First I replaced the heater blower resistor, handy enough job, took about 15mins from start to finish.

Then I removed that tiny 063 battery and threw in a 100. The 063 did ok, but I’m conscious that it was well below what the car should have so in effect a bit of preventative maintenance!

Attachments

• 07B146E8-755A-452A-9667-9CDBAEE5F083.jpeg
    07B146E8-755A-452A-9667-9CDBAEE5F083.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 147

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Thanks auld han!

Today I fixed one niggling problem and prevented one from happening!

First I replaced the heater blower resistor, handy enough job, took about 15mins from start to finish.

Then I removed that tiny 063 battery and threw in a 100. The 063 did ok, but I’m conscious that it was well below what the car should have so in effect a bit of preventative maintenance!
Similar story with my bike, came with a well underpowered battery that eventually croaked it not too far from home, bike became lazy and laboured to start until I got the proper size that put out nearly double the CCA.. Not a bother since

stevensti

RMS Regular
Drives
slowly
HTD @Blackie. I had one of the 05's pre-facelift and had all of the problems EGR, 3rd injector, manifold, alternator & heater. Kept the car for 8 years and put over a 100,000 miles on it. For the bad press that it would have gotten it was agreat car and the wife still talks about the amount of space that it had and still sees it about in Belfast from time to time. Make sure that the clutch and timing chain/belt are done in order to enjoy many more miles.

colin84

RMS Regular
HTD @Blackie. I had one of the 05's pre-facelift and had all of the problems EGR, 3rd injector, manifold, alternator & heater. Kept the car for 8 years and put over a 100,000 miles on it. For the bad press that it would have gotten it was agreat car and the wife still talks about the amount of space that it had and still sees it about in Belfast from time to time. Make sure that the clutch and timing chain/belt are done in order to enjoy many more miles.

The third injector seems to be quite common. Something to do with the plug or wiring. I had read that you needed a new loom or cut and rewire your own. But when mine went I put a cable tie to lift the plug up, and it's still running the best 6 years later with the new owner.

Last edited:

stevensti

RMS Regular
Drives
slowly
The third injector seems to be quite common. Something to do with the plug or wiring. I had read that you needed a new loom or cut and rewire your own. But when mine went I put a cable tie to lift the plug up, and it's still tuning the best 6 years later. With the new owner.
Yep same was done with mine

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Your's was the lovely blue IIRC

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
I’ve to check the timing belt, the previous owner tells me the timing belt was done 15k ago

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
So today I relied upon my cable tie engineering degree to raise the window and keep it from dropping/reduce wind noise/keep water out until I get the replacement window regulator

Attachments

• 8AB92331-11C6-49EF-8C02-F99B54530462.jpeg
    8AB92331-11C6-49EF-8C02-F99B54530462.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 111

colin84

RMS Regular
EBay is good for regulators, usually around £25, and I have found them fine used in a range of cars in the past.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
I’ve had this just over a week now and still love it! It’s such a giggle to drive and seems so fast (but then again I did spend a year in a Clio!) compared to most things I’ve owned over the years.

Though I think I’m gonna need front tyres soon, I keep spinning the front wheels on acceleration of corners and roundabouts lol