Vectra SRi CDTi 150bhp

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Looks like someone's nicked your wheel trims! 😱
Dont sell though Brian, you know it makes sense to keep something that goes on and on and on for not many pennies outlay.
I’m beginning to see the sense now mate. The more little touches I do, the more I fall for the car again.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Another little annoyance ticked off the list:- a new passenger side window switch. Common enough fault in Vectra’s, normally you just clean the contacts and that’s it. I did that when I first got the car, but it was badly worn and was temperamental at best, so a new one was ordered and fitted and hey presto, it now works at the passengers command! Lol

DF02191E-EE63-4D48-BBA7-4221D3D103AC.jpeg

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Another little annoyance ticked off the list:- a new passenger side window switch. Common enough fault in Vectra’s, normally you just clean the contacts and that’s it. I did that when I first got the car, but it was badly worn and was temperamental at best, so a new one was ordered and fitted and hey presto, it now works at the passengers command! Lol

View attachment 246810
Sometimes it’s the little jobs that give the most satisfaction:grinning:

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
You really know how to educate & entertain the masses Brian, or should I say - the real Edd China! :p
Can we have the video of the switch replacement? :joy:

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia

View attachment 246810
Same problem in my sister's ex car, now mates car but with the drivers door (both buttons though)

I opened up the switch, cut little strips the right size from small cable ties and superglued them to the end of the little plunger. Hey presto!

They are on a tight budget lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
You really know how to educate & entertain the masses Brian, or should I say - the real Edd China! :p
Can we have the video of the switch replacement? :joy:
Awk now that would mean taking it out again, not to mention climbing into the wheelie bin to find the auld one! 😀

I’ll bear it in mind with the next job. I’ll need to come up with a suitable screen name, Brian Black has already been used here in Norn Iron back in the auld days of UTV. You’re of similar age to me and bound to remember him :p

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Same problem in my sister's ex car, now mates car but with the drivers door (both buttons though)

I opened up the switch, cut little strips the right size from small cable ties and superglued them to the end of the little plunger. Hey presto!

They are on a tight budget lol
I should’ve asked you first! Lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Today I picked up an XP1 front bumper for her. Aim to get it fitted in the next few days. Should help the look of her a little. This picture is of it fitted on the donor vehicle. It’s now in my shed having been cleaned up in preparation for fitting, unless I take the head staggers and send it off to be repainted first....

06B50DA3-0AD4-4650-AB9F-57D07E5A77AA.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
So today saw me fixing a fault caused by my own frustration and dare I say it laziness at the time of doing another job to the car. Short story is I shorted out the wiper motor which led to a slower wiper sweep and the loss of the “fast wipe” function that’s typically used in torrential down pours of rain, otherwise known as a typical summers day in Norn Iron! Lol.

Anyhow, after testing and measuring with my multimeter I diagnosed the above fault, asked a few members just to see if they concurred with my diagnosis. A new genuine wiper motor was found and quickly purchased from eBay and fitted today.
F5E9BB36-CE28-48F6-AD63-3C1B737784F1.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Ok, now for what I feel will be a pure marmite thing. I’m not quite fully decided on it myself, but leaning towards quite liking it. I’ve fitted the new XP1 bumper, using my colour coded v-grill with a little added extra touch.

Before:
13903110-BE32-499E-B5AB-B7B019C4835D.jpeg

And after:
37B27A11-DDBD-443F-AFD9-45E0C59D2665.jpeg

*runs and hides behind a big rock*

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Bumper does look much better, but cant say im a fan of the red. Gloss black would look well.

CHARLIE11

RMS Regular
Drives
like a nutta
Ok, now for what I feel will be a pure marmite thing. I’m not quite fully decided on it myself, but leaning towards quite liking it. I’ve fitted the new XP1 bumper, using my colour coded v-grill with a little added extra touch.

Before:
View attachment 250378
And after:
View attachment 250379

*runs and hides behind a big rock*

I agree bumper is sweet, but the red im not into, gloss black and same for the fog light surrounds and grills

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Not for me either. I actually thought it was detailers masking tape when I first saw it and was expecting it to be peeled off in another pic as I scrolled down on the phone lol

Bumper looks great.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Here’s another little and not-so-subtle mod to the car. A comic book themed engine cover with Deadpool, Baymax, Wolverine and many others in various versions of themselves and each other.

Won’t be to the liking of many of you, but it was free and I like it:

CEB6B442-0DEF-4F23-AED7-B7F098C436AE.jpeg

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Looking well.

Late to the party but that goodness you removed the red stripe lol

Have you thought about spacers in rear?