Volcanic Orange Renault Megane RS 280 Cup

Samy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
Hey All,

I’ve been pretty quiet on here as of late! Since having sold the scoob I haven’t been up to much, the evo has been used the odd time this year but no real upgrades or parts bought for it, just general maintenance.

I had bought a little MK1 eunos to keep things interesting and fell in love with that too. Soon to be going into a shed for the winter!

9A742F57-F154-4480-8EDE-D156F13A873A.jpeg

I have been on the hunt for something to replace the Subaru for some time that is both daily-able and fun on the back roads. Every hot hatch went through my head and after much deliberation I went with my heart & bought the RS.

The way it holds the road is just mind blowing, mechanical grip honestly puts me in mind of the evo, even though it is front wheel drive, it has 4 wheel steering it really pulls your through corners. Also with the added cup chassis pack comes with a spicy LSD up front too.

Coming with pretty much every option available, it also benefits from 30mm lowering springs, H&R spacers including wheel stud conversion & a exhaust centre resonator delete for some extra pops & bangs when in race mode.

754299FA-2997-475C-A806-7B2DF6AA942B.jpeg

F1F3785D-D9A5-4DCD-8C6C-7CFE18B4FCF8.jpeg

B380504E-DC19-4B2D-96E4-4211CFD79CB8.jpeg

F332E754-5A21-43B2-AE85-58CB1787F1A6.jpeg

CCAD7D32-4A48-4D79-A716-465BEFD6EE29.jpeg

20C42FCD-E9FB-44C2-8811-B9EB4749BFBA.jpeg

333F99EE-7CA7-4D2B-B246-7FF572BC593F.jpeg

All that’s left is to enjoy it! A few little mods planned to make it my own, going to try and get hold of a Megane trophy R alcantara Steering wheel to replace the half leather wheel. I Would like to get out to a few RS meets too if there is any happening!

Of course a new set of plates have been made by Neil @rockvale, just awaiting delivery of my V5 So I can transfer my Reg over :grinning:

Thanks guys…

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Really like these, and that looks cool AF. Love the colour (maybe even more than LY!) and the stance is perfect. Enjoy!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Class! One of the daughter's has a 0.9 turbo which isn't as slow as I'd thought but you can feel the chassis is pretty good even in the boggo basic examples.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Class, Eamon from Bells brought this to the last RS meet, pretty much a perfect spec and the springs & spacers help alot with the visuals! health to enjoy! As for RS meets, take a look here if you have Facebook RenaultSport Owners Club NI | Facebook . If not if there is one arranged I usually try to post on here for anyone!

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
Class, Eamon from Bells brought this to the last RS meet, pretty much a perfect spec and the springs & spacers help alot with the visuals! health to enjoy! As for RS meets, take a look here if you have Facebook RenaultSport Owners Club NI | Facebook . If not if there is one arranged I usually try to post on here for anyone!
Thanks Stuarty, yes was chatting away to Eamon prior to buying the car. And yes I’ve joined up on the page too! Also a big shout out to @300trophy for listening to all of my questions I had lol

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
That's fantastic, they look like a hoot on track.

I was chatting to Gemma the day the Eunos was being delivered, you've made some job of that too. I keep finding myself looking at them on eBay but don't know if I can dal with the heartache of another car that loves to rust. I loved driving the ex's mk2.5.

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
That's fantastic, they look like a hoot on track.

I was chatting to Gemma the day the Eunos was being delivered, you've made some job of that too. I keep finding myself looking at them on eBay but don't know if I can dal with the heartache of another car that loves to rust. I loved driving the ex's mk2.5.
Cheers Simon, and the mk1’s are some craic, join the fb owners page there are some really clean ones underneath going for sensible money. Load it up with a decent underseal and you’re flying to be honest. Parts are dirt cheap for them too so you’ll never be stuck!

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
That’s absolutely beautiful and as said it looks hard as. Going to be honest then I’ll get my coat……….. I prefer it over the evo
Honestly it is such a hoot to drive, and I might even prefer it myself 8o| I’ve had the evo over 5 years now so who knows what could happen lol