Volcanic Orange Renault Megane RS 280 Cup

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Honestly it is such a hoot to drive, and I might even prefer it myself 8o| I’ve had the evo over 5 years now so who knows what could happen lol

That’s mental, shows how long I’m out of the place that was across from your work! I would say it sounds the part. Do you get any drone etc on a long run

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
That’s mental, shows how long I’m out of the place that was across from your work! I would say it sounds the part. Do you get any drone etc on a long run
I know time flies!! I’ll try and get a vid together but it pops and bangs like crazy when in sport or race mode, if in comfort it’s calm and super civilised with no drone at all. Best of both worlds lol

Zach57

RMS Regular
I absolutely love this! Proper aggressive looking without having a load of wings and vents and the colour really pops.
Health to hoon mate

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I know time flies!! I’ll try and get a vid together but it pops and bangs like crazy when in sport or race mode, if in comfort it’s calm and super civilised with no drone at all. Best of both worlds lol

Nice cheeky spot in work you have. Was down beside your place this am and looks fantastic in the flesh (even though it was lashing)

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
Nice cheeky spot in work you have. Was down beside your place this am and looks fantastic in the flesh (even though it was lashing)
haha yes guaranteed no one to park next to you… winner. and thanks very much!

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Honestly think it's the best looking car Renault ever made. I've seen a few about and they always catch my attention. Class looking things and the interior is pretty epic also. I'm sure she goes well. Health to B road rally!👍🏻

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
That colour is absolutely stunning, and the car sits lovely!! Health to enjoy, mate.

Cheers.

Niall

Gemma

RMS Regular
@BabyCraig_ 🙋‍♀️
IMG-20221003-WA0000.jpg

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
Hey guys,

Picked up the Megane this morning from having a 2 stage paint correction with a Gtechniq ceramic coating and then their Hydrophobic sealant. I can’t believe how great the paintwork looks now. Unfortunately due to the dull weather there isn’t much flake appearing in the paintwork but when the sun is out it really pops. Absolutely over the moon!

At the same time I fitted a rear wiper arm delete courtesy of kill all wipers. Really easy to fit too!

ACC2F6FC-8314-452F-9F41-1B619528ADE2.jpeg

6CFA6C22-879A-43C5-BBF4-7FE39BC9E4C6.jpeg

Of course a new number plate needed sorted and on metros, had the front slightly cut down to suit the OEM surround. thanks to @Neil@rockvale.

328F5CB8-D19E-461A-A2F2-594736463E04.jpeg

F9AE889B-47B7-476D-BDB1-50717C73C536.jpeg

5E8EDB1C-FB39-4967-8D40-40684B208FEC.jpeg

B437E008-AC31-424E-864B-3E46DF982C6B.jpeg

Also got this little cover for the key fob, just helps tidy things up & stop it from getting scratched

37851C3C-2270-4D8C-A864-01362C6C2E5B.jpeg

6C15871F-F6A6-4D63-8DC7-E40A8FAF67D8.jpeg

Next thing is to de-chrome the window trim and possibly a few other pieces.

Thanks!

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
Love it! How does it compare to the Impreza & Evo out of curiosity?
Thanks :grinning: I’d say the Megane drives better than the evo, handling wise the Megane feels more capable, it does have the rear wheel steer which feels like four wheel drive when going into a corner hard, with a little lift off oversteer. I don’t know whether it’s the new car effect or not just I do prefer it. In saying that there is 13 years of technology between the two. The impreza for me was a terrible car (in my opinion) lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Looks great - rear black badge suits but is that the camera in the middle of it? would be ideal if it was orange

Chrome front though changing to black would be too much 🤷‍♂️

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
Looks great - rear black badge suits but is that the camera in the middle of it? would be ideal if it was orange

Chrome front though changing to black would be too much 🤷‍♂️
Thanks! Yes not a fan of how visible the camera is tbh. Could be an option to paint the surround maybe. I’m thinking for the chrome badge on the front, a slight smoke tint to take the harshness of the chrome away.

Lee

RMS Regular
That's a lovely car and unlike some manufacturers these days, theres no doubt that it's the racey version. Beefed up.

I'd be interested to hear why the Subaru was a terrible car for you, did it give bother or did you just never gel with it?