NI Multistorey Parking Thread

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
The car park is such a rip and there are only a small handful of spaces that I would actually be happy to park in

I far prefer Anne Sq - less that 10 min walk to Vic Sq which is a fraction of the price - just go to the upper decks which are usually empty

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
The car park is such a rip and there are only a small handful of spaces that I would actually be happy to park in

I far prefer Anne Sq - less that 10 min walk to Vic Sq which is a fraction of the price - just go to the upper decks which are usually empty
Is it just me or do you not think the spaces are tiny in Anne Sq?

My mate parks there and drives an Leon. Anytime we have to open the door beside another car I feel like I've to be an anorexic Russian Gymnast or something to squeeze out without hitting the door ffs

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Is it just me or do you not think the spaces are tiny in Anne Sq?

My mate parks there and drives an Leon. Anytime we have to open the door beside another car I feel like I've to be an anorexic Russian Gymnast or something to squeeze out without hitting the door ffs

They are tiny I think hence why I go right to the top of maybe 1 or 2 above where its empty

There are only like 2 spaces between the top and bottom where I would be confident in parking - there is one by an emergency stair case on the left as you go up and I think one in similar position which randomly I think they either ran out of room for an extra spot or measured them incorrectly lol

KIbby96

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
They are tiny I think hence why I go right to the top of maybe 1 or 2 above where its empty

There are only like 2 spaces between the top and bottom where I would be confident in parking - there is one by an emergency stair case on the left as you go up and I think one in similar position which randomly I think they either ran out of room for an extra spot or measured them incorrectly lol
I am forever in fear of that parking structure, miss read my distance when leaving on the first day i got my new wheels and wrecked them on one of their islands they call kerbs.

Samy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
Victoria square is wild tight between spaces too, for the Money you pay I thought it would have been better spaced out, even the entries are hairy to navigate round. I opted to park in the parent/toddler spaces as it was that or 90% chance of getting my car door wiped out by some gypo. All of the disabled spots were filled with Ferrari’s or M cars and I can see why lol

KIbby96

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
I am just out of the forstside underground parking, they currently have a Detail and Car Service outfit. Dont think id ever let them service my car whilst i pop round M&S (more likely to catch my in poundland but sure)

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
I am just out of the forstside underground parking, they currently have a Detail and Car Service outfit. Dont think id ever let them service my car whilst i pop round M&S (more likely to catch my in poundland but sure)

haha I wouldn't leave them a trolley!

Some great spaces under there especially at M&S end

Surprisingly the corner where Sainsbury's is is always empty

KIbby96

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
hahahahaha ask and ye shall recieve cheers @Cooper. Now has anyone parked in the new multistorey on the road from town to the falls? (down past the opera house), keep forgetting it exists but it would be ideal for the christmas shopping ill have to endure

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Top level of high street car park is my go to.

Real page turner if any one is interested

car parking.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Last time I went into the City Centre I took the glider. Not ideal for everyone but suited me and much handier.

I’m done with Multi-storey car parks.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I used to use the ncp one beside castle Court as it was tight to get into and everyone forgot about it. But the last few times I've went it's closed. Lights and all are on buy shudders are down for whatever reason.

I used Vic Square but I usually get a decent space at the lower floor which seems to be used less, though I've only been in twice this year so don't mind it so much.

88micm

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M235i
I'm pretty sure that the Merchant park in the one in High Street in specific spaces and just surround the car with cones. If I saw my Rolls Royce sitting in there (not that I'll ever own one) I'd be getting it the hell out of there!

davyk31

RMS Regular
I like to take the train for this very reason. Takes a bit longer but no parking hassles and at £20 for a family ticket it’s also cheaper than driving and parking.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Love a good multi story, no idea why, the quirkier the better. Used to like the old Hi-Park but other than that, there's not many that have character here.
Favourites were:
Castle Terrace multi story in Edinburgh because it mostly goes down and the concrete is connected into the base of the rock face that the castle sits on.
The underground car park under T1 in Berlin Tegal because you could basically park right underneath the gate entrance and go up a spiral staircase to the door.
T1 CDG (The Octopus) which I think is my favourite building, bloody masterpiece of function and funky French design.
Berlin Templehof was class too, could literally park in front of the terminal, not multi-story but hey ho.

Not 100% sure how much I've spent on car parks over the years, reckon I was running at an average of £100/month for years, clean nuts. I had an old Rover 414 that I'd bought for £380 in Derby and used for around 4 years as my airport car, sold it for £250 and calculated that I'd spent £3700ish parking it in that time. Parking was expensable but the car wasn't....

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Love a good multi story, no idea why, the quirkier the better. Used to like the old Hi-Park but other than that, there's not many that have character here.
Favourites were:
Castle Terrace multi story in Edinburgh because it mostly goes down and the concrete is connected into the base of the rock face that the castle sits on.
The underground car park under T1 in Berlin Tegal because you could basically park right underneath the gate entrance and go up a spiral staircase to the door.
T1 CDG (The Octopus) which I think is my favourite building, bloody masterpiece of function and funky French design.
Berlin Templehof was class too, could literally park in front of the terminal, not multi-story but hey ho.

Not 100% sure how much I've spent on car parks over the years, reckon I was running at an average of £100/month for years, clean nuts. I had an old Rover 414 that I'd bought for £380 in Derby and used for around 4 years as my airport car, sold it for £250 and calculated that I'd spent £3700ish parking it in that time. Parking was expensable but the car wasn't....

I believe it was Co-Op on Corporation street had a multi storey? After the Co-Op closed, the building (or some of it) was turned into offices and they kept the carpark, which was the tightest I've ever seen over here. I had a client there and absolutely hated trying to negotiate it.

Some of the old ones in Spain are absolutely attrocious. You've to take a reverse and second cut to get in / round them - makes Victoria Square look like an airfield

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Aye some of the one in Madrid were just impossible, even though the 414 was a beater, I wasn't willing to gouge the life out of it trying to get down into some of them. Some in Toulouse were similar.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I'm assuming the Spaniards just go round them like dodgems or your man in the nascar 🤣

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I’m convinced that whoever designs multi story car parks is a complete car hater, all of them are unnecessarily tight with stupidly high kerbs.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Pretty good and now cheaper than most since the Tannery got taken over by NCP. Tannery was the worst in Belfast for tight ramps up through the building and spaces but was popular because it was cheap.

Upper floors in Castle Court were good and empty with reasonable spaces, just avoid the ones with main entrances to the shaps as you get all the live laugh love crew bashing into everything (Sure it's only a car luv...)..

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I don't even take the Merc into multi stories any more. It just doesn't fit into the spaces. It's too long and too wide for everyone I've ever tried it in.