Volkswagen ID.4

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
I had no issue getting test drives either, they maybe needed to be asked for the extended drives but were willing enough. Last Sat I had a run in an ID.4 then jumped straight into an ID.3 on the same route which was a good back to back comparison. My wife commented however how I drove a bit further and a bit faster in the ID.3 so I guess my preference was showing through.

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
Maybe I'm not trying enough but I don't really have the time to chase. I spoke to two local dealers and neither has come back about the extended drives or even just a simple test drive. Must look into that one @J-VW had out.

Jecks

RMS Regular
Anyone considering the Skoda Enyaq?
Had look at those myself. Supposed to be massive and well finished inside.

Drove a brand new kona ultimate spec yesterday
What a spec those have. Basically everything you can think off as standard , there are literally no options left to tick and seriously considering one

the ioniq 5 arrival very soon is also looking very nice.

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
Had look at those myself. Supposed to be massive and well finished inside.

Drove a brand new kona ultimate spec yesterday
What a spec those have. Basically everything you can think off as standard , there are literally no options left to tick and seriously considering one

the ioniq 5 arrival very soon is also looking very nice.

Can't wait to get a nosey around the ioniq 5, haven't really seen too much out there to excite me yet other than it.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
You may have a long wait for an Ioniq 5 as they are reported to be all sold out. I also imagine a base one will be a good car but look very basic. Once you go up the range or add extras you are maybe getting into too much money for it to make sense.
The Kona certainly is a well equipped car. I have just bought one for another employee in our company. Went with a Premium as it has all you need, the ultimate adds leather, sunroof and heated seats I think but for a lot more money given the Premium gets the £2500 grant but the Ultimate doesn’t.

For anyone Hyundai shopping give CR Morrow in Newry a shout. They have been incredibly helpful and totally obliging at all times.

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
Yes the Enyak was on my radar but not in showrooms just yet and then likely a factory order after that. They will be a great car although a bit bigger than the ID.4 which puts me off. Won’t be the quickest either but plenty for a family car.
They will no doubt be a big success and pricing is good

Another great option and great value now prices have been reduced to get the grant is the Kona Electric. A bit tight in the back seats was my issue but at a genuine near enough 300 mile range for the Premium at £32.5k they are a good choice.
What sort of delivery times are the dealers quoting for the ID3/4? Or are there some stock vehicles in the UK?

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
There are some stock of ID.3 depending on what model and spec you want. I was interested in Family and there are a good few about with the wheel covers or the 18” wheels. I want the 19” but there are no stock cars so it’s factory order which would be 14 weeks.
My other option is a Max model which has all the extras except the 19” but there are cars at the port with those.

ID4 First Edition can no longer be factory ordered but There are a few about in dealers or on their way. The First seems good value compared to the regular models. I know 2 local dealers who had stock of one white ID.4 First each.

It really does depend on which dealers you talk to, think I have over 20 on my enquiry list so far but hoping to place an order very soon.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
How you getting on with yours now Davey with some more miles and use on it? We picked up one for my wife this morning, first impressions are very good though she initially found it a bit strange (first EV, coming from a 330d F30) with the lack of gearbox and how quiet it is. The tech is really good in the car and it feels very comfortable on the road.

IMG_0066.jpeg

IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
That’s a lovely ID.4 congrats and health to enjoy.

Mine is an ID.3 but I did have an ID.4 recently for about 3 weeks while mine was in for a battery recall.

My ID.3 will be 2 years old in a couple of weeks and is nearing 20k miles. Really do love it as it’s so easy to drive, has plenty of power for a day to day driver and surprisingly plenty of space inside. I also like the looks although I know they are not for everyone. Been a few recalls and software upgrades but nothing serious and I’m happy enough as I always get a courtesy car no problem. Overall very pleased with it. Range isn’t huge compared to some others currently about 220 in the warmer weather which is grand for me as I don’t do mega trips.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
That’s a lovely ID.4 congrats and health to enjoy.

Mine is an ID.3 but I did have an ID.4 recently for about 3 weeks while mine was in for a battery recall.

My ID.3 will be 2 years old in a couple of weeks and is nearing 20k miles. Really do love it as it’s so easy to drive, has plenty of power for a day to day driver and surprisingly plenty of space inside. I also like the looks although I know they are not for everyone. Been a few recalls and software upgrades but nothing serious and I’m happy enough as I always get a courtesy car no problem. Overall very pleased with it. Range isn’t huge compared to some others currently about 220 in the warmer weather which is grand for me as I don’t do mega trips.

Sorry, I misread your first post and thought you had the ID4 purchased.

Glad to hear the ID3 is working out well. We looked at them too but wife had a preference for the ID4. You’re right about the interior, very spacious and comfy too.