Volvo S60 - 2.4 D5

BabyCraig_

RMS Regular
Was the R wheels I spotted miles away 😂 seriously smart motor!

They are fantastic daily’s, mines not as asthetically pleasing as yours but commutes brilliantly!

Is it handy enough to get at? Was thinking of doing exactly that!

Darren91

RMS Regular
OP
Darren91
I lusted after a set ever since I got my old V70 back in 2017, everything tied together last year with a trip to England and managed to get them then. Putting my Nebula's on tomorrow with winter tyres so it'll be a change until Easter-ish. I will probably see about getting the Pegasus' refurbed this time too! :grinning:

Yeah handy enough, the centre stack comes out easy, the radio unclips from it then just unscrew the lid of the radio (think the fascia has to come off too, been a while since I done it!) then the cd changer is right there on front of you.

I love my S60 as much as I did my V70 - does a constant 55+ mpg everywhere and they're super comfy as you well know.

Darren91

RMS Regular
OP
Darren91
Another day, another seized caliper - this time NSR so I ended up putting 2 rears on as I don't want another scenario of a smoking wheel :joy: big thanks to @Woodcutter P&C Ballymoney getting me them in record time :grinning:

368506672_182594818227958_7515594258614916182_n.jpg

Darren91

RMS Regular
OP
Darren91
Nothing to update apart from the mighty S60 through the MOT for another year - with compliments from the tester saying how they don’t make them like they use to!

Had to replace a balljoint but replaced both side with Lemforder parts supplied by P&C @Woodcutter so she’s ready to roll for another year :grinning:

IMG_0408.jpeg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Nothing to update apart from the mighty S60 through the MOT for another year - with compliments from the tester saying how they don’t make them like they use to!

Had to replace a balljoint but replaced both side with Lemforder parts supplied by P&C @Woodcutter so she’s ready to roll for another year :grinning:

View attachment 420218

Those weren’t Lemforder. We got you FAI and stuck them in Lemforder boxes 😛

Darren91

RMS Regular
OP
Darren91
In preparation for my Dad taking over ownership of this (the 348k A3’s days are numbered due to a second gearbox issue and we’ve decided it won’t be fixed this time!) I’ve done a couple of things to make it more usable for him.

Sold the 18” Nebula wheels so I got a set of 17” Cassiopeia wheels from a Sport with bad tyres. Got them left into Powdertek in Duncrue for a full refurb and got the set of Michelin CrossClimate 2 tyres I purchased fitted at the same time.

One of the headlight bulbs started to go pink so I sourced a pair of Philips D2R Whitevision Gen2 bulbs - the Osram bulbs I fitted had been in these headlights for around 5 years so well overdue.

Finally, @Woodcutter sourced me a fixed swan neck tow bar and we got that fitted yesterday and just need to get a new loom for the electrics from Volvo and that will be that done and dusted - these are all partly pre-wired for OEM towing electrics.

Also gave it a good scrub today inside and out!

IMG_0470.jpeg
IMG_0471.jpeg
IMG_0473.jpeg
IMG_0595.jpeg
IMG_0608.jpeg
IMG_0604.jpeg

IMG_0162.jpeg

IMG_0606.jpeg
IMG_0607.jpeg
IMG_0603.jpeg
IMG_0600.jpeg
IMG_0602.jpeg

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
In preparation for my Dad taking over ownership of this (the 348k A3’s days are numbered due to a second gearbox issue and we’ve decided it won’t be fixed this time!) I’ve done a couple of things to make it more usable for him.

Sold the 18” Nebula wheels so I got a set of 17” Cassiopeia wheels from a Sport with bad tyres. Got them left into Powdertek in Duncrue for a full refurb and got the set of Michelin CrossClimate 2 tyres I purchased fitted at the same time.

One of the headlight bulbs started to go pink so I sourced a pair of Philips D2R Whitevision Gen2 bulbs - the Osram bulbs I fitted had been in these headlights for around 5 years so well overdue.

Finally, @Woodcutter sourced me a fixed swan neck tow bar and we got that fitted yesterday and just need to get a new loom for the electrics from Volvo and that will be that done and dusted - these are all partly pre-wired for OEM towing electrics.

Also gave it a good scrub today inside and out!

View attachment 423520View attachment 423521View attachment 423522View attachment 423523View attachment 423524View attachment 423525

View attachment 423531

View attachment 423526View attachment 423527View attachment 423528View attachment 423529View attachment 423530
That loom you had for me (assuming you still have it?) Should fit??