Volvo S60 Heated Seats

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
My mate has just bought a 2005 S60 SE, full leather, however there is no heated seats ? There is a blanking plate on the dashboard buttons for the seats. I thought all SE models came standard with the heated seats.
Question is............ would his seats still have the heating elements and just need connected and who could do this ?

Head Gasket

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo S60
Heated seats weren't always fitted to SE spec cars. At the time of original purchase, the buyer would have had to opt for the winter pack. This added heated seats, headlamp washers and luxury floor mats, though you may find that the car has headlamp washers regardless. As for retrofitting, yes it can be done. However the heating elements are approximately £80 each from Volvo, and you need two different elements per seat. One for the base and one for the seat back. On top of this you will need the associated loom, connectors, switch and the all important software update that only Volvo van do.

You could source a set of second hand seats with the connector and elements already fitted, but you would still need the switch and loom/connectors (providing they weren't installed at the factory as a matter of course). The CEM controls the operation of the heated seats using PWM signals, and you can program the temperatures with VIDA DICE. This is quite handy, but some people have opted for a simple aftermarket heating mat that plugs into the 12V socket. This is by far the cheapest and easiest option if you aren't overly worried about not having OEM heated seats. A quick read with VIDA DICE will tell you what options the car was originally specced with.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
I would go with an aftermarket heated seat kit, probably cheapest option. I just had my Shogun done at Blackline Performance and they are a great job.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Can’t mind the price but think it was £300-£400 depending on the car and labour involved prob best to pop in or give em a phone

Check back on their fb page switches etc look very Factory finish

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
EFA095F5-D72F-4A83-8EEC-05E329F9843C.jpeg

Thanks folks for the replies, I'll pass those options on to him.
@m00k @suckindiesel what price for the aftermarket kits fitted ?

Differs according to car, but I’d think more in the 200’s. Generic switches but fine.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.