My Honda Civic Vti-s

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Did you not get a prize at the show ? Was one of my favourites tbh, paintwork and colour is brilliant. Considering i usually hate MB6''s it really changes my mind

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Thanks lads.
Nah no prizes for me lol.
My prize was just seeing it at the show :grinning:
I'm just glad it's on the road after so long and at one point I was going to break it.
Was hoping to get it the rolling road at the weekend there but I was too busy.
Pulls really well up the revs.

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
First class. Have been following this thread for a while now and looking forward to seeing the final result. Amazing and a real credit to you.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Thank you again, I'm really over the moon how it turned out, over and above what I was expecting.
He's a wee pic of her at work sun bathing.
I've still got the rear door decals to go on and band new vtis badge for the boot.
IMG_20160718_133351.jpg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Some work there, looks amazing!
Who painted it? It looks to be a flawless job. I would love to get the 106 painted but it would be a fortune no doubt.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Some work there, looks amazing!
Who painted it? It looks to be a flawless job. I would love to get the 106 painted but it would be a fortune no doubt.

Thanks.
Panel & paint in Bangor painted it.
And yes it's a fourtune :sob:

Andy_A

RMS Regular
Excellent work! Had a real good look at this last weekend, and it didn't disappoint! The paintwork is absolutely spot on!

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Fair play to you for sticking at it. It looks superb!
I always loved mine in the direct sunlight .. !

_Stu_

RMS Regular
I spotted this coming out of Millreagh motors in Dundonald yesterday and was so busy looking at it I nearly hit the car in front of me! Absolutely stunning machine, I'm not a jap man normally but this just looks perfect.

Fair play to the amount of time and effort that has gone in to this. Safe to say it has paid off and been worth it all.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
I spotted this coming out of Millreagh motors in Dundonald yesterday and was so busy looking at it I nearly hit the car in front of me! Absolutely stunning machine, I'm not a jap man normally but this just looks perfect.

Fair play to the amount of time and effort that has gone in to this. Safe to say it has paid off and been worth it all.

Cheers mate I find it hard taking my eyes off it too haha

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
After seeing it at jcc I have to say the pics don't do it justice. Car looks amazing in the flesh and looks wet, with a glass like finish on the paintwork definitely deserved an award at the show.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Been a while since I've updated this.
I've not really done much it's been parked up at the house over winter and I've been spending most of my time on my mates track aerodeck, but I've been gathering a few bits up to tidy the engine bay and interior.

I've drilled the rocker cover so I can have the cams adjusted when I get it mapped.
IMG_20161223_214445_920.jpg

IMG_20160813_204053.jpg

I've got it powder coated at ic powder coaters I've still to collect it .
It's a bit different.
FB_IMG_1487848849653.jpg

I bought arp head studs as there seems to be a bit of an oil leak when giving it a bit of hard driving suggesting that there is a bit of stretching from the oem head studs from getting the head skimmed, going to get a second opinion it that tho.

Also bought new shifter bushes 24k gold gear knob :p and short shifter.
IMG_20161210_200515.jpg

Thinking of retriming the rear seats and door cards to match the red recaros but not sure at the minute just a thought but needs updating.

The main thing I'm excited about is the new wheels Avs model 6 that I got at a good price. 16x8 fit nice on the back but tight on the front I've to run a 205/45 as there is too much stretch with a 195 and looks whank.
DSC_1075.JPG

205/45
And test fitting with the 195 and 215 on rear
IMG_20170127_184330_315.jpg

That's with the 205 on the front

DSC_1143.JPG

It's tight might need a bit of hight and small bit of camber or find a 205 tyre with a small bit of stretch.

Need to pick a colour and send them to get powder coated thinking matte bronze.

Attachments

• DSC_1133.JPG
    DSC_1133.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 56