My Honda Civic Vti-s

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Loving those rims
Cheers me too they have hollow spokes and are stupid light.
IMG_20170127_215929_328.jpg

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
never came across this thread until now!!!

Amazing work... car looks amazing! The white wheels at the end once refurbed are gonna be absolutely spot on for it! The car is too good for those rotas without a doubt! the grille and headlights modernize the front perfectly! Fair play...

My past 3 cars have all been black and have never been happy with the finish or tone of them, but after seeing this should i ever paint a car it is going Pirates!!!

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
never came across this thread until now!!!

Amazing work... car looks amazing! The white wheels at the end once refurbed are gonna be absolutely spot on for it! The car is too good for those rotas without a doubt! the grille and headlights modernize the front perfectly! Fair play...

My past 3 cars have all been black and have never been happy with the finish or tone of them, but after seeing this should i ever paint a car it is going Pirates!!!

Thanks very much.
Yeah the rotas where kind of bought in a hurry and the fella took another set as trade in but when I look back I could have waited a year or two for the right set as I didn't expect the paint job to take as long as it did.

But on a positive note these where ridiculously cheap, granted they need a refurb, center cap and tyres but I think they are going to look really well once on I just need to decide on paint and get them over for powder coating.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
I got the wheels back from powder coating and treated them with cquarts
DSC_1197.JPG

DSC_1191.JPG

cleaned up the valves with wire wool
IMG_20170306_153324.jpg

Buffed up the center caps with fast cut, you can see the difference in the bottom one. If still to source one more cap.
DSC_1181.JPG

And into work yesterday at 10 never stopped till 7.
Lack off pictures due to trying to get as much as possible done.
First off fitting the tyres and trying not to mark them as you had to reverse mount the tyre on the rim meaning i had to clamp the face of the rim in the tyre machine :sob: all good tho no damage thankfully, i didnt even want to put balancing weights on lol

While the wheels where of i gave the coilovers a clean and grease up and cleaned up the brake discs and gave then i drop of silver paint and took the front splitter of to fit a new rhino lip as the last one got holes in it from getting the wheel alignment done.

Lastly i fitted a short shifter and new energy bushes, that was fun bolts breaking and crap but got there in the end, gear changes are super short and very precise, will take a bit of getting used to.

Anyway on to pictures i took in the driveway today.
Wheels are Advan Yokohama model 6 16x8 et36 tyres are toyo t1r 205/45/16
_DSC6010_edited.jpg

_DSC6013_edited.jpg

_DSC6014_edited.jpg

_DSC6018_edited.jpg

_DSC6030_edited.jpg

car.jpg

Cheers

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
@weeloaney loads of silicone spray to get them over the barrel and cloths over the bita that clamp the wheel, I had a sweat on with the first one.

I'm not sure @Lee A ask your mate that done them lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Not sure how I missed this thread :eek:.

I do love a VTi-S in Pirates Black, the work gone in to bringing this up to such a standard is commendable.

Love the new wheels and colour too.

What happened to front splitter? Personally i prefer it without the very lowest lip.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Not sure how I missed this thread :eek:.

I do love a VTi-S in Pirates Black, the work gone in to bringing this up to such a standard is commendable.

Love the new wheels and colour too.

What happened to front splitter? Personally i prefer it without the very lowest lip.

Thanks very much :laughing:
It was in getting the wheel alignment a while ago and when it was drove up onto the ramp it got ripped and two holes either side, if also it off to put a bit of foam tape round the top if it where it meets the bumper to stop it rubbing.