VW/Audi Relays - Cheaper alternatives?

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
I'm dealing with a water damaged b7 A4 3.0tdi at the moment.

Long shot but wondering if anybody could suggest a cheaper alternative for either of these relays. I think these are the last link in the puzzle to getting the car turning over, but I'm reluctant to spend £100 on them in case I'm just pissing in the wind.

4EO907282A - Glow plug relay
BE0951253 - Fuel pump relay

dddrrift

RMS Regular
not sure if its any use but iv these sitting on my desk.
just realised that glow plug relay is for a 4 cylinder, yours is 6.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 16

dddrrift

RMS Regular
id imagine the glow relay is likely different but the others could be the same. check the diagram and pin numbers against what you have and see

finn28

RMS Regular
OP
finn28
Drives
350z
Yea just noticed the numbers are a bit different.

Think I might have sussed out some coming from ebay Germany for around £35 for the glow plug relay and £20 for the fuel pump relay.

The ones I have sitting on my desk, I can literally hear the water inside them :joy:

finn28

RMS Regular
OP
finn28
Drives
350z

All the rice in Tesco wouldn't be enough for this one. Car was left with a local mechanic who did some sort of work, then left the car sitting in his yard. Water got in and she's been an non runner for a long time. Car has been sat for 2 or 3 years.

What actually happened from what I can tell, scuttle panel filled with leaves from sitting up, clogged all the drains round the ECU. Water logged all the relays beneath it, then flooded the Body Control Module beneath the dash and filled the driver foot well with water.

The rear passenger window left open a touch didn't help either, passenger side was also full of water. Every time I go out to look around I end up pumping water out of it. On top of that, he left the cap off the brake fluid reservoir and it's completed contaminated with water.

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
Is it possible to split the existing relays to get at the innards? If you can get a resistance across the coil, a bit of contact cleaner on the contacts and a scrub with emory paper might get enough life out of them to at least check the car? Just a thought.