VW diesel emissions scandal

SH4U11

RMS Regular
Drives
AudiA6
@PaddyCvr have you still got the tool? Is it a big job. Really would love to get it pulled off. Surely even just having it reversed you would see a noticeable difference in power?

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
1615842583528.png

KIbby96

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
unscrupulous gypsy tramp solicitors, and money grabbers with the cars.

Anything for a claim.
Sooooooooooooooo who do you think the money should go to? Its not coming out of your account, it doesnt have any adverse effect on your day to day life.
You arent paying these people the money

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Sooooooooooooooo who do you think the money should go to? Its not coming out of your account, it doesnt have any adverse effect on your day to day life.
You arent paying these people the money

Why should anyone be claiming at all ?

I just despite all this fake claim bull**** that is a poison on society.

KIbby96

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Why should anyone be claiming at all ?

I just despite all this fake claim bull**** that is a poison on society.
They are claiming because it is a class action lawsuit against VW. They have been fined a massive sum of money and if the oublic dont claim it im assuming that money simply goes to goverment.

PaddyCvr

RMS Regular
Drives
Lancer/Mazda
Just done the reversal on my own car today. Was absolutely bricking myself but file loaded fine and downgraded from 9979 to 4006 (latest file before dieselgate fix). Will let you's know how she does mpg wise, was averaging around 25 around town and about 42 on a run before, that's my main reason for doing it. Was also doing dpf regens like nobodys business, I would also sit @ 80 in 3rd for 10/15 mins sometimes to try and clear her out but never really worked.

The map that was on the car from Awesome works or something was absolutely shocking too, 20% throttle felt like 100% and there was no in-between, and he was the one who said nobody can tune a car over here :confounded:

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Just done the reversal on my own car today. Was absolutely bricking myself but file loaded fine and downgraded from 9979 to 4006 (latest file before dieselgate fix). Will let you's know how she does mpg wise, was averaging around 25 around town and about 42 on a run before, that's my main reason for doing it. Was also doing dpf regens like nobodys business, I would also sit @ 80 in 3rd for 10/15 mins sometimes to try and clear her out but never really worked.

The map that was on the car from Awesome works or something was absolutely shocking too, 20% throttle felt like 100% and there was no in-between, and he was the one who said nobody can tune a car over here :confounded:

Driving at 80 on 3rd literally the exact opposite of what will help the DPF clear - it will produce a load of soot!

PaddyCvr

RMS Regular
Drives
Lancer/Mazda
Driving at 80 on 3rd literally the exact opposite of what will help the DPF clear - it will produce a load of soot!
I was always told to do motorway speeds in low gears to help get the car / egts hot. How do you reckon I should drive to help things? Or should I just let it do it's thing now it's running a normal file. Noticed the fans never stay on now after driving which is nice coming home late at night lol

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I was always told to do motorway speeds in low gears to help get the car / egts hot. How do you reckon I should drive to help things? Or should I just let it do it's thing now it's running a normal file. Noticed the fans never stay on now after driving which is nice coming home late at night lol
If you have an android device get an obd dongle and vag DPF and you can keep an eye on it. The paid version shows you DPF and exhaust temps etc.

I found 4th at 60-70 got the DPF about the right temp to regen nice and quickly.

If the fans were running it meant you were disrupting a regen.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Motorway speeds in the usual gear - the control system will do its thing

Key thing is duration - 20 minutes minimum

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Motorway speeds in the usual gear - the control system will do its thing

Key thing is duration - 20 minutes minimum

During a regen etc....the car should at least let the driver know it would like them to continue driving in such a manner. I'm sure a lot fail or cause problems because the process starts...then the driver stops ? So the process cannot finish

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
During a regen etc....the car should at least let the driver know it would like them to continue driving in such a manner. I'm sure a lot fail or cause problems because the process starts...then the driver stops ? So the process cannot finish
You say that - customer research completely disagrees

As enthusiasts we like to know these things - the vast majority of customers see any indication/light/warning etc as an error and think their car is broken

Most customers don’t even know they have a DPF or what it’s for and if the control system can cope even with interrupted regens then it’s fine

If it can’t and is getting too full most OEMs will have an amber warning but this causes a lot of distress for customers and this is only when the system is at risk of becoming full