Vw golf mk4 speedo problem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gdog

Drives
vw golf
Hi, i have a 1.4 vw golf mk4 and the reversing lights have stopped working, also at the same time my speedo has stopped and milliage has stopped going up. I have taken the plug off the switch in the top of the gear box and it isnt getting any power. Can any body point me in the right direction to wat is wrong thanks.

Gdog

OP
G
Drives
vw golf
I checked the fuses that are inside the car that you have to open the door to get to but there all fine. Could there be a fuse some were else?

stubbsy

RMS Regular
Drives
old skool pre 96
yeh a dash out job apparently:sob::sob:identical with an a3 that a mate of mine has in his workshop at the minute!!! radio/cd player will soon stop working also,and will start flashing low engine oil!!!!i will update when i hear of any new developments

boy_racer996

B
i had this problem with my mk4 golf, the inside of that plug had corroded, i have a brand new speedo sensor here aswell if its any use to you

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
I would say more than likely the wiring below the battery has rubbed through and corroded!! Wouldnt think its the interior loom, as they dont usually give any hassle!

boy_racer996

B
as above, bare the wires further up and see if your getting anything, but my plug was complete scrap

Gdog

OP
G
Drives
vw golf
Hi ive barred the wires and im getting no power and the wires under the battery are fine. Any more ideas

Gdog

OP
G
Drives
vw golf
Hi thanks for all the advise i toke it toke it to a local auto electican and they fixed all the probles for £25 it was just a few broken wires to the sendor on the gearbox and the reversing lights was because the gearbox was f**ked but thanks for the advise

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.