VW I.D. electric automated range (Buzz & Crozz)

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Just spotted this today which is confirmed as going from the concept stage to production in 2020 for the Crozz and what looks like an Up/Golf hybrid. The new Campervan Buzz will be in production from 2022 apparently.

(The first 19 minutes is basically about the Buzz, then you have the Up/|Golf hybrid and Crozz)

Incredible designs all round imo and is this the next major step for a mainstream range of electric vehicles? Autonomous driving ability coming when the legal aspect is sorted out. Interesting and scary points about how you will have your profile on the 'VW eco system' (VW cloud basically), meaning when you enter the vehicle the car will know how to set up the car to your liking with media content - i wonder how else they will use this knowledge?!

According to VW: The new I.D. CROZZ has it all – it’s a sporty, interactive, emissions-free vehicle with an electric 4MOTION all-wheel drive system that feels perfectly safe even on loose surfaces and in adverse weather conditions. There is an engine on each of the front and rear axles, and power distribution is regulated via an electric propshaft. The 225 kW (system power) SUV has a range of 500 kilometres (NEDC**) per battery charge.

The I.D. Buzz is the world’s first multivariable electric van with a fully automated driving mode.

The vehicle’s electric range is 600 km (NEDC**). The battery uses inductive charging or can be connected to a charging station. The battery reaches 80% capacity after 30 minutes of charging at 150 kW (DC).

vw-new-old-PAGE-2017.jpg

volkswagen-id-buzz-geneva-2.jpg

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Interesting and scary points about how you will have your profile on the 'VW eco system' (VW cloud basically), meaning when you enter the vehicle the car will know how to set up the car to your liking with media content - i wonder how else they will use this knowledge?!
Well, they can keep that. That's not guaranteed to have a thousand downsides meaning operating a vehicle will risk more litigation than it's worth. I'll stick to my old cars powered by squashed dead people as long as I can, and by the time fuel is banned, it'll have rotted away enough from those rising sea levels covering the bottom 2 feet of the country, I'll be able to stick my feet out the bottom and paddle along.

According to VW: The new I.D. CROZZ has it all – it’s a sporty, interactive, emissions-free vehicle with an electric 4MOTION all-wheel drive system that feels perfectly safe even on loose surfaces and in adverse weather conditions.
I think more interestingly is that VW have either quietly, without any massive and over-emphasised fuss, which would be unlike them, cracked nuclear fusion, or else they are lying to everyone again, which has a habit of working out for them [/sarcasm]. Displaced emissions maybe, but zero? Really?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
OP
DaddyCC
Drives
VW CC

Well, have to say after what we have seen in these the Buzz is a major let down for me compared to the original concept potential, looks like they've just ****ed out another T7 thats slightly shorter :worried: :broken_heart: I know no concept ever fully comes to life and expected the dash to be a big issue, but come on, body lines and doors, front, even the lights, all just been ripped off a generic van!