VW lease car servicing.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
So it's coming up on a year since we leased the Golf and it'll need an "Oil service". Lease contracts tend to state that it needs to be done by the dealership rather than an independent and at the correct time frames and our contract is no different. I also took out the service plan so it's paid monthly rather than forking out a couple of hundred quid each April. However, all the dealers are closed at the moment for obvious reasons and it's not looking like they'll be open any time soon. I have tried contacting VWFS but it's pretty much impossible at the moment.

Has anyone any idea how this kind of thing (lease cars not being serviced as per the service schedule) is going to be dealt with? And possibly more importantly, given the dealers could be closed for a few months, what should I do about the service? I'm sure a bye ball will be given regarding the service being a few months late, but I'd prefer not to delay the oil change for an extended period of time. I could obviously buy a filter and oil and do it myself in the interim and then when they are open again, get it done "properly" as I've already basically paid for it and the computer will need updated and service reset anyway, however, I'm pretty sure "tinkering" with a lease car is a pretty big no-no. So I'm stuck in a bit of a catch 22 at the moment and not sure which way to turn.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
My Superb is due back on the end of June, needs serviced at around 16k, I'm shy of 14k so don't actually want to drive it as its a bill I could do without. I too contacted them about terminating it early, just got an email saying they were snowed under, they'd get to my query ASAP.
You'd imagine at the minute they'd be letting some terms and conditions slide as they can't be contractually fulfilled.

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I spoke with my leasing contact in Agnews VW yesterday as it happens (Agnews may I add were absolutely brilliant, as always).

Basically confirmed with me that it would be OK provided it's only an 'oil service due' warning and that there were no actual faults. Asked me to check the oil, etc and if there was any problems to give them a shout. The service on mine is time, not mileage due and I have a feeling that might have made a difference because he specifically asked about it. I would personally email them and let them come back to you in their own time. Just so you have it on record. As it happens it appears one of the directors is answering some of the email questions lol.

Rotated the tyres myself, checked the fluids and will just ignore the bonging. They said they'll be in touch in a few weeks to get it booked in.

Oh and not a word from VWFS - I've no idea if they passed the email onto Agnews or what, as I contacted both.

KyleR

RMS Regular
OP
KyleR
Drives
MYSR
My Superb is due back on the end of June, needs serviced at around 16k, I'm shy of 14k so don't actually want to drive it as its a bill I could do without. I too contacted them about terminating it early, just got an email saying they were snowed under, they'd get to my query ASAP.
You'd imagine at the minute they'd be letting some terms and conditions slide as they can't be contractually fulfilled.

Yea I think the fact it's late will be contractually ok, I'm more concerned about it actually getting done incase this goes on for way too long. I wouldn't want the service to be 4 months late from a health of the engine point of view.

I spoke with my leasing contact in Agnews VW yesterday as it happens (Agnews may I add were absolutely brilliant, as always).

Basically confirmed with me that it would be OK provided it's only an 'oil service due' warning and that there were no actual faults. Asked me to check the oil, etc and if there was any problems to give them a shout. The service on mine is time, not mileage due and I have a feeling that might have made a difference because he specifically asked about it. I would personally email them and let them come back to you in their own time. Just so you have it on record. As it happens it appears one of the directors is answering some of the email questions lol.

Rotated the tyres myself, checked the fluids and will just ignore the bonging. They said they'll be in touch in a few weeks to get it booked in.

Oh and not a word from VWFS - I've no idea if they passed the email onto Agnews or what, as I contacted both.

Interesting, I'll maybe give Agnews a shout, I've only been trying to get hold of VWFS as it's their contract. Was it John O'Reilly you contacted?

Dan.86

RMS Regular
I’m in the same boat with Skoda. Emailed them but no response. Service due in 200 miles and I pay monthly for a separate service pack.

arosa

RMS Regular
Drives
LEONFR+..Cupra.
Not 100% it’s them that’s emailing me as it’s VWCV should it not be VWFS.There also asking for more personal details .Has this happened to anyone else.also should they not already have all my details.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Not 100% it’s them that’s emailing me as it’s VWCV should it not be VWFS.There also asking for more personal details .Has this happened to anyone else.also should they not already have all my details.
Better safer than sorry and not giving them any details. Sounds suspect.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Just to throw my 2 cents in, I'm in the workshop in VW (Edwin May) and we are in the dark as much as the public. Nothing from VW in our emails, nothing of significance on the VW dealer Hub either with regards to servicing, fleet, Key worker emergency repairs etc. I believe some of the workshops on the mainland are still open as it's seen as essential but from what I can see over here all is basically shut (unless Belfast dealer workshops are open). We certainly do a lot of staff cars at Craigavon Hospital so thought an emergency on call mechanic should be demanded by Volkswagen but it's not. Then the issue arises of getting parts for repair's as well.