VW mk2 golf

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
So need speakers and head unit. Want all speakers as original size etc nothing wild
Head unit for Bluetooth and modern jobbies

Don't want to spend a fortune haha i know this is a bit washy but any suggestions please? No idea on in car entertainment really

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
I bought new alpine speakers the same size as the originals for mine a few years ago but they were still rubbish. Can't remember what model they were but they weren't worth the money anyway. Too small to get decent sound out of

KevM

RMS Regular
Yeah, I did the same but used a HU with an onboard crossover and ran a wee sub box for bass.

mark19

RMS Regular
OP
M
Drives
golf
I don't want anything crazy. Prob no sub box or anything like that just a decent head unit and speakers

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
It's tough to get quality well balanced sound in a mk2 without spending a fortune. The OE speaker locations aren't great but you can get ok results by simply swapping the OE kit for decent direct replacements. Stock speaker locations are as below for reference;
Door pod speakers (if fitted) - 5.25"
Dash speakers - 3.5" I think
Parcel shelf sizes - 6x4"

Good setup for moderate outlay (c. £200) would be as follows;
Quality head unit. I run Alpine CDE-173BTs in both mk2 and would recommend them. Green backlight fits in with dash lights too
Front comps - 5.25" in door pockets and tweeter in dash. Focal or alpine have good offerings
Rear speakers - Focal, alpine, JBL etc

If you intend on going further than that then amp, sub, floor insulation, reinforced and sealed door cards etc... Hope this helps

mark19

RMS Regular
OP
M
Drives
golf
Mate that's spot on exactly what I needed. Just need to try and get some deals on all the above! Thanks

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I have a Pioneer head unit that im near sure lights up green its brand new you can have it for free if you want I can get it dropped to Eurocarparts Castlereagh on Friday.

mark19

RMS Regular
OP
M
Drives
golf
I have a Pioneer head unit that im near sure lights up green its brand new you can have it for free if you want I can get it dropped to Eurocarparts Castlereagh on Friday.
Can you send me a link to what one it is? That would be spot on!!!

mark19

RMS Regular
OP
M
Drives
golf
It will be tomorrow as a friend took but never used it either. Once I have it i will send you some pictures and info on it.
No problem that would be great and a great help to save some money!!!

Thanks

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.