VW Polo issues

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Can anyone help with the issue my daughters 2014 polo has It has went into limp mode and put on the eml and also another light .
On the scan it had come up with the fault
P155800 throttle drive for engine power control and G 186 malfunction..
I hve it with a guy atm and he has taken off the throttle body and cleaned it ect and done whatever he could ,put it back on and it’s still the same .is it likely the tb is the problem as there over £500 to replace which he has told me to get or could there be another fault .it needs fixed urgently so if I thought it was defo the problem I would put one on but I’m reluctant to pay for a part I’m not 100% certain to fix the issue .a lot of comments on forums say it can be censors and not the tb .any help greatly appreciated .

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Iv an 07 1.2 breaking.... I know different... but if there’s anything he think might do hers to try at least your more than welcome to come take it off and try it.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Seems to be the return spring in the throttle body is up the swanny. Seems to be a fault on the smaller engine polos and Ups. Looks like its a new throttle body or a good second hand one.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Seems to be the return spring in the throttle body is up the swanny. Seems to be a fault on the smaller engine polos and Ups. Looks like its a new throttle body or a good second hand one.
Yeah it looks like that going by my friend google.there is loads of this thing happening on very low Millage cars ,not good crack and bloody expensive to replace.