VW Scirocco 1.4Tsi 160 chirping sound?

LeoL

Drives
vw scirocco
Hi, I have a 2014 1.4 TSI 160. and i have noticed recently that there is a sharp chirping sound. I noticed that the sound happens when i step on the gas pedal after shifting gears but this doesn't happen every single time, also happens when im driving at a constant speed and when I press the pedal quick there is that chirping noise, again it doesn't happen every time when i try to do this. The sound only happens when the car has been running for a while and at operating temperature. The sound only lasts for less the a second when stepping on the gas then its gone. Anyone any idea?
Do i have a bad clutch or belts going out?

Thanks

LeoL

OP
L
Drives
vw scirocco
Just dropped it off at the shop there. I ll ask them to check pipes etc

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I have a similar noise in the GTI at the moment, but it's got a metallic sound to it between 2k and 2.5k rpm...

havent found any air leaks :\

LeoL

OP
L
Drives
vw scirocco
Hi, sorry to revive this old thread again, the car stopped with its squeaking/chirping sound for a while, but its back again I thought it was the tensioners as I had those tightned up, but I guess its not, I did further reading and apparently its common with this 1.4 tsi(160) engines, some issue with the water pump/supercharger clutch or what ever its called, sorry not very savy with these things. but I found this video on another forum
This is the exact sound my car makes. Ive read that people have replaced their water pumps with revised ones to fix the issue but the threads I read were from back in 2010-2013. My car is a 2013-2014 1.4tsi(160)
Has anyone gotten this same issue on their cars before? Its 2019 so I'm guessing they've released a revised version of this water pump or w.e to resolve this issue?