VW Tiguan Sat Nav Options

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

hillbilly

RMS Regular
The missus got an old model Tiguan recently but there is no built-in sat-nav. It does have Bluetooth etc but she finds the call quality poor. Can anyone recommend either a head unit with sat-nav and Bluetooth which looks OE , or a standalone sat-nav unit which could be permanently installed, so that there would be no visible leads? I spotted a Blaupunkt Philadelphia which looked good but sat-nav is an add on extra. Cheers.

hillbilly

RMS Regular
OP
H
Thanks, is ebay the best place to buy them? I'd be worried about the provenance of a second hand unit though.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
You'll see them pop up on the local pages from time to time for sale
@Lyons had a 510 for sale

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
It's sold I'm afraid.

eBay would be your best, or some of the forums on the mainland.

Don't plan on selling it privately over here when you're done, you'll get absolutely tortured with asshats.

hillbilly

RMS Regular
OP
H
Not sure on budget, I was thinking about buying it as a Christmas present, maybe £300 ish.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Not sure on budget, I was thinking about buying it as a Christmas present, maybe £300 ish.
You will pick up a 315 for that,if you do decide to make sure it has a gps antenna,or or one seperatly,but for little more you will pick up a 510,brilliant piece of kit they are

hillbilly

RMS Regular
OP
H
What about those Chinese 'RNS 510' style units on ebay? I'd guess best avoided, anyone have any experience of them?

hillbilly

RMS Regular
OP
H
The 315 doesn't seem to have Bluetooth hands-free so a 510 would be what I want. I assume that is what was in the Golf 7 GT that she had before the Tiguan.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The 510 ended in the Mk6. The Mk7 has Discovery as an equivalent and is completely different.

The 315 does have Bluetooth built in, the 510 required an extra module.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.