VW Transporter T6 Edition vs. Ford Transit Custom Sport

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
Ok, technically not car related but seriously considering one of these in kombi form for my next vehicle. Has to be an auto box.

Why? Well I reckon they would really suit our lifestyle, i.e towing a caravan, odd bit of camping, cycling, hiking.....just general family outdoor stuff.

Each one seems to have pro's and con's. The VW has the kudos (which I'm not too bothered about) and the well received 7-speed DSG box....but no heated seats or bulkhead. Power output is 150PS.

The Transit has the 6-speed SelectShift box which has quite a low towing limit (which worries me a bit), but is better kitted out with half-leather heated seats and bulkhead. Power output 170PS (rising to 185PS in the forthcoming new model).

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience of either vehicle, even in panel van format? Any feedback gratefully appreciated.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
the transit custom is a great van, door hinges are very weak, god help you in a windy day if it breaks loose. The T6 is also brilliant but a lot firmer ride and would hold residual values better, horses for courses both very capable

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
I have 2019 custom crew cab auto 170, 6 seats, heated front seats , heated windscreen etc
I love it!
Mine isn’t the sport (kinda wish I had of went with the sport for the kit)
I’m not sure on actual figures but I think the Ford is around 5k cheaper too

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
my friend bought a transit custom to taxi. its now a year old with 29k . its never out of the garage, has had 2 sets of driveshafts but the main problems have been injector problems. they have been replaced twice and numerous injector seals but kept filling the sump with diesel. i don't know if his was just a bad one.

Debaser

RMS Regular
OP
Debaser
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
I have 2019 custom crew cab auto 170, 6 seats, heated front seats , heated windscreen etc
I love it!
Mine isn’t the sport (kinda wish I had of went with the sport for the kit)
I’m not sure on actual figures but I think the Ford is around 5k cheaper too

Hey, that's good to know!
Can I ask, what kind of fuel consumption are you getting from it?
How do you find the auto box?

Cheers