VW windows all down

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Came outside this morning to find all four windows had gone down by themselves and car full of hail/rain from a wet night šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ 2018 VW Amarok

Never had this happen to any car in 20 years driving, anyone know what could have happened? Iā€™m near certain I didnā€™t press down on the key because it was left in the back of the door as soon as I came into the house

Would there be any way to trace it using Vagcom? Or could a weak battery have anything to do with it? Iā€™ve noticed the car a bit slow to turn over now the cold has come in and sheā€™s not lighting the ā€œleaving homeā€ headlights anymore so definitely suspect battery is in its way out

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Our Superb did that one night when we first got it in 2017, I think I turned off the window feature from the car settings.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Make sure you donā€™t have the key in your pocket when sitting about the house. Sometimes you can press the button on the remote while sitting about.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Dying batteries sometimes make electrics do funny things, id put it likely down to that.

smb1

RMS Regular
Drives
golf gti
had a mk5 gti did this a couple of times within a few years ,never figured out wot caused it

eamon343

RMS Regular
Same thing happened to my old mk3 golf, happened a few times and my dad keep telling me I was leaving them down by accident. Then one day he was near it and all the windows started going down really slow, he believed me after that. I put a switch in that killed the power to them that I had to flick every time I parked up

Gambit

RMS Regular
Pretty sure It's a function on the keyfob if you hold button down for extended length of time it does this.

Keyfob in pocket is good a reason for doing causing it. Or holding keyfob in hands when lifting loads of other stuff at same time

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Under manufacturers warranty until 2021? Get it booked in!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I'm gonna bet accidental key press and hold.

The amount of times I came out to my Passat to find the boot wide open!!!

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Turn the convenience opening off in the settings menu for opening and closing.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
My A3 drivers window dropped down whilst in international airport car park šŸ˜¬ luckily the security man saw and threw a plastic cover over it but I think windows are just crazy some times šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Time to go back to windy down jobs lol

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
My Golf had this happen, windows down for probably a good number of hours and living in Fane Street we had police on the beat walking by. They figured out the house number and came to the door and told my wife to close it up. Surprised nothing was stolen...Turned all key-related stuff off with VCDS the next day!