W12 engine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
OP
chrisdromore
Drives
a8
Well since no one had anything bad to say, or anything for that matter; I went ahead and bought a swb a8 w12.

1 word, awesome. My wallet is gonna taking a pounding fuelling this.

Attachments

• DE6B359D-B132-4306-811C-D07954A9D128.jpeg
    DE6B359D-B132-4306-811C-D07954A9D128.jpeg
    552.5 KB · Views: 137

OZRACER

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
Well since no one had anything bad to say, or anything for that matter; I went ahead and bought a swb a8 w12.

Yeah, I'll add a word for you. Totally awesome. Get some pictures up of the swb a8 ffs.
I love a good Audi.

OZRACER

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford

1 question are you happy?
Btw I know the answer. Htd

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
Are you in Ballymena area? Could have swore I seen this down in Braidwater Retail park and noticed the badge straight away as you don't see very many of them about!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Delightful :grinning:

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
OP
chrisdromore
Drives
a8
I only got it home from England.

Itl be put in for an mot and then I’ll have to assess if I can daily it - ie running costs, haven’t got money to burn.

So options would be lpg it as daily, keep as wkend car or sell on and let someone enjoy it. I currently have a d3 4.2tdi, which is going great and runs on all sorts of juice.

The w12 averaged 23mpg over 4hr30 up to cairnryan, which isn’t bad. Tho the tdi would have prob done 35 on that trip.

Re the straight pipe don’t think I could go that far ! But would be tempted on something that kept it quiet on low rev but give some more noise when nailing it.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Just saw this thread!

I know a friend about to sell a silver one once he gets a new starter motor in it, it stops working when the engine is warm. He's hoping it can be done without taking the engine out, not sure it's possible though.

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
OP
chrisdromore
Drives
a8
Yes that’s the common worry. But f it.

M3 have all their problems, e60 m5, etcetc.

So this is one of the concerns for the w12.

Has the alcantara interior option. Alcantara on roof and leather every where. Very nice inside; doesn’t have all the gizmos of moderns cars, but it’s pretty lush and should age well.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3

Please please please please please please please please please please put a thread up in the members cars section on this

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yes that’s the common worry. But f it.

M3 have all their problems, e60 m5, etcetc.

So this is one of the concerns for the w12.

Has the alcantara interior option. Alcantara on roof and leather every where. Very nice inside; doesn’t have all the gizmos of moderns cars, but it’s pretty lush and should age well.

Get some photos up!

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
OP
chrisdromore
Drives
a8
Hehe get some tomorrow hopefully. I really don’t think I can daily this.

The kids would have the cream carpets and leather wrecked. It’s not mint, but it’s really really clean inside.

Have been out in both my 4.2tdi stage2 and w12 today. Have to say not a huge amount in it. W12 seems to hide the speed more and no turbo lag. Far far quieter until u nail it.

Solar sun roof what ever that’s for. Heated and massage front seats and dab.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.