W12 engine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
The D3 A8 is one of my fav saloon shapes ever. Perfect proportions. The A8's that came after it never came close...

Luc Besson is a fan too, with them being in Taken and From Paris With Love lol

pdvd073n.1039.jpg

fpwl011609c05.4000.jpg

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
OP
chrisdromore
Drives
a8
Bump

After years of being relentlessly reliable as a daily this beast has finally let me down.

Starter motor has gone and it’s a beast of a job to fix.

Car is for sale for repair or parts ( hopefully not parts )

Any mechanics or anyone in the forum fancy putting this train back on the road let me know.

Sale price looking 2-2.5

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Bump

After years of being relentlessly reliable as a daily this beast has finally let me down.

Starter motor has gone and it’s a beast of a job to fix.

Car is for sale for repair or parts ( hopefully not parts )

Any mechanics or anyone in the forum fancy putting this train back on the road let me know.

Sale price looking 2-2.5
Ah no, what a shame! Wish I’d the energy to take it on…tempting!!

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Edit, got mixed up for a second its a v10 🤦‍♂️

Carthrottle just did a video on an s6 with the non-turbo version of this engine in it and it seems its engine out for a fair few jobs so sounds likely.

What a beast though, whats the mileage @chrisdromore ?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Been watching some of the RE Performance videos, everything on R8's, RS6's and the Lambo equivalents seems to be the same, engine out for almost everything. Having said that, 80's Ferrari's and Lambo's were the same, big engines = big bills.. 🤷‍♂️

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.