Wanted 1977 Toyota Celica parts

bill

Banned
My friend has a 1977 Toyota celica he is finding it near impossible to get parts he sent me a photo of the list so i came to the best place for help i know a couple of people on here have the same car. Here is a photo of the list.
desy.png

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
There’s a boy Tim Brown used to live in clonduff had loads of theses in a yard in Gilnahurk direction, he might be on Facebook but Iv no contact for him @bill but it might be a lead for your mate.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
There’s a boy Tim Brown used to live in clonduff had loads of theses in a yard in Gilnahurk direction, he might be on Facebook but Iv no contact for him @bill but it might be a lead for your mate.
He's a real hoarder and had plenty of stuff in past but no recent knowledge of him.
All I'll say is, believe nothing unless you see it with your own eyes, don't listen to any promises and make sure you have the parts in your hand before you give him the money.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
He's a real hoarder and had plenty of stuff in past but no recent knowledge of him.
All I'll say is, believe nothing unless you see it with your own eyes, don't listen to any promises and make sure you have the parts in your hand before you give him the money.
Same I havnt seen him in a longgg time but was in said lock up and seen actual cars many moons ago tho.

cheechandchong

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Supra
Hopefully sorted by now, but if not, a quick Google on some of those part numbers show they're for a second gen ta40 Celica. It's possible that they're interchangeable but if it's Toyota's parts system I wouldn't rely on it.
The US site I use for parts is rockauto.com, you can pre-pay the duty and have the parts within a few days. Don't need part numbers for it either. The only thing to bear in mind is that they're for LHD cars but that obvs doesn't matter for most parts.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Seems to be air filter parts for 2T or 2TB engine. The T has one carb, the TB has two so the air filters are different. All 1600 UK Celicas should be TB, twin carb, unless it's an import.
Other UK ars with the TB were the TA40 Celica, the TE71 Corolla liftback and the later Corolla SR, (the older equivalent to the AE86.)
The other engine parts like the water pump assembly would be interchangable from 2T, which would include RWD Carinas up to about '88 I think. Long stroke 3T 1800 is pretty much the same too.

I used to have some success buying rare parts for Mk1 Celicas from a guy in the Hurst Toyota parts place off Boucher road, but not sure if its even there anymore?

I have an air filter housing for a single carb if it's any use to him.

Last edited:

bill

Banned
OP
bill
Cheers everyone i sent him a link to the thread.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
What are the parts (can't be arsed looking up part numbers) but I'm restoring a TA40 rally car, so we're always hunting for parts, if i come across anything on the list I can pass it on.

bill

Banned
OP
bill
@PeteMoore dont know thats what he emailed me he is a pain to get a hold off but did send him this link.
Clutch slave cylinder was one i think.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Might still be able to get the clutch slave cylinder from motor factors. Brands like Blueprint or old stock Moprod off ebay etc.

(Alloy clutch master cylinder off a carina II 88-92 will fit with easy modification.)